Music for Working Out

Options

Replies

• futurereporter88
    futurereporter88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah....That's what I'm talking about, Poe510!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard 'northern Cree - red skin girl' by a tribe called red... good rhythmic with native Indian collabs, very hypnotising to pump you up for a workout
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I listen to christian music; Toby Mac, Audio Adrenalin, Switch foot, Bleach, Relent K, Flyleaf, Newsboys, DcTalk, Sanctus Real, Skillet, Shaded Red, OC Supertones, the Letter Black. Anything upbeat that I can jam/rock out too..

The ironic part is, I don't even go to church, read my bible, or consider myself a true christian. I have all this christian music that I got from my preacher older brother, and super religious parents, that until I got married forced me to go to church every Sunday and Wednesday. The music really does get me going and raises my spirits so it's became my exercise music.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. I love listening to Madeon, Metallica, Pantera, and general EDM while working out (Kill The Noise, Skrillex, Tiesto, etc.)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I like to work out to LMFAO, especially "Put That @ss To Work".
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that still has "Eye of the Tiger" on their playlist to get them going? Classic, but still effective!
    No my friend has that along with the theme to many other movies, some with no words. I chuckle when he plays them while driving.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I listen to christian music; Toby Mac, Audio Adrenalin, Switch foot, Bleach, Relent K, Flyleaf, Newsboys, DcTalk, Sanctus Real, Skillet, Shaded Red, OC Supertones, the Letter Black. Anything upbeat that I can jam/rock out too..

The ironic part is, I don't even go to church, read my bible, or consider myself a true christian. I have all this christian music that I got from my preacher older brother, and super religious parents, that until I got married forced me to go to church every Sunday and Wednesday. The music really does get me going and raises my spirits so it's became my exercise music.

Haha same here. My favorite bands are Red and Thousand Foot Krutch :P
  • lillith1991
    Options
    Fly upright kite, india arie, atreyu, taylor swift, sugar cults, and soundtracks from rent. My taste is eclectic.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My Most Played Artists are
    Lady Gaga
    Ke$ha
    Britney
    Pink!
    Bruno Mars
    Pitbull
    Madonna
    And most played relax/cool down song: Sailing by Christopher Cross
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    I listen to dubstep on Pandora music, absolutely love it, the only kind that keeps me moving and push myself even harder:heart:
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have to listen to kind of angry music but with a good fast beat

Something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSoq4Mfscfw
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    John lyttle 'turn me on' gets me in the mood to move haha or seeing music videos with Beyonce or j.lo in motivates me to want to lose weight .. tho I doubt I'll ever have that body :)
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that still has "Eye of the Tiger" on their playlist to get them going? Classic, but still effective!
    Haha it's my first song!
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    These are a few songs from my workout playlist, I really hope you enjoy.

* Lights (Bassnectar Remix) - Ellie Goulding
    * I Like How It Feels - Enrique Iglesias
    * One Way Or Another - One Direction
    * Put That *kitten* To Work - LMFAO
    * All Fired Up - The Saturdays
    * Can't Hold Us - Macklemore ft. Ryan Lewis
  • lillisag
    lillisag Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    P!nk 'Raise Your Glass' & 'Funhouse' & 'So What'
    Robin Thick 'Blurred Lines'
    those are my fav's right now.
  • chattertess
    chattertess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This reminds me I need to make a playlist instead of being stuck on shuffle!

Ones I skip to most:
    Any Dr Dre, Killswitch Engage, Rizzle Kicks, Daft Punk, Eminem, Pantera, Basement Jaxx, some Biffy Clyro.

I like a lot of different music :) helps a lot when I'm at the gym.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Stuff with up tempo beats. Early 80's late disco / R&B and detroit techno work for me. I have tried heavy metal, but it gets me all worked up into a rage and then I start thinking about busting things.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like punk. My go to albums for workouts are Social Distortion's "Live at the Roxy" and "Love, Sex, & Rock and Roll". "Roxy" Is a great up tempo album with songs like, "The Creeps, Don't Drag me Down. Cold Feelings, No Pain/No Gain, Telling Them". Play hem loud a blast out a workout.

"Love, Sex, & Rock and Roll" works on the days I don't want to work out. Songs like "Reach for the Sky, Winners & Losers, and Live Before you Die" fuel a little internal dialog and keep me moving.

YMMV
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    P!nk
  • ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My new favorite song to listen to while working out is Bruno Mar's song Treasure. It's even better if you do a little dance to it haha.

LOVE THIS SONG!