new and seeking help

Options
Hello, my name is Nicole and I'm 23. I never thought that the way I was eating was bad for me. Well I started to keep track of everything I ate through the day and found out I was eating so few calories. Ever since I started eating the correct amount of food I just feel really bloated and unattractive. Not looking for a diet, seeking for a change in my eating lifestyle. I'm planning to drop about 30 lbs by October. I would really love any support or advice. Thank you in advance

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    You really will get better results if you eat better. The last time I lost weight, I did it by severely restricting calories and increasing exercise (i only ate about 300 calories a day and worked out for several hours daily). I did lose, but I mostly lost muscle. I was still fluffy, even though I weighed less. I did a lot of damage to my metabolism that took several years to straighten out. When I started eating again, I ended up gaining 100 lbs (more than I had lost in the first place). This time around, I went healthy and have lost most of the weight. I was 185 then and am about 195 now, but my waist is 4" smaller and my body fat percentage is several points lower. I have more energy, I don't get headaches daily anymore and I'm not irritable all the time. A small deficit, healthy food and good exercise will get you where you want to be and allow you to stay there. Good luck. Feel free to add me.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Hello, my name is Nicole and I'm 23. I never thought that the way I was eating was bad for me. Well I started to keep track of everything I ate through the day and found out I was eating so few calories. Ever since I started eating the correct amount of food I just feel really bloated and unattractive. Not looking for a diet, seeking for a change in my eating lifestyle. I'm planning to drop about 30 lbs by October. I would really love any support or advice. Thank you in advance

I dont know the ins and outs of what your'e eating but some people feel really bloated by grains. You could try sticking to protein and fruits/veggies for a while (like 2 weeks?) and see how you feel. Then slowly re add the breads and pasts etc. I stick to corn tortilla and rye bread mostly as wheat tends to make me feel very bloated. If you dont want to lose fat but just feel better & more toned, exercise and maybe even a visit to a nutritionist. Dont be afraid to eat, your body needs calories, but what you feed it can and will directly affect your quality of life. Best of luck!!! :D
  • nmw90
    nmw90 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, I would love to get rid of these extra pounds before my boyfriend gets back home. To help each other make healthy decisions in the future is my real goal. He is in Afghanistan at the moment and is forced to eat healthy and exercise a lot. I don't want him to come home to find me a mess and cant keep up with him or pull him down with me.
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the increase in fiber from grains, veggues and fruits can cause bloating. Try increasing your water. That should help.
  • nmw90
    nmw90 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all. I have been drinking more water and eating healthier ever since I started on here this past week. Now when I look at junk food I just think nah its not worth it. Just wanted to say thank you and I appreciate all the help!
  • snoople1
    snoople1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Hi Nicole,
    this is a great site for information about ahealthy lifestyle, you want to browse
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2WJwOWztA

All the best , you can add me as well if you like
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    This is the link to an awesome MFP motivation and support group!
    Over 200+ members. So there is plenty of help. We also do monthly challenges, prizes, talk about work out programs and any other questions you might have. Hope this helps and you enjoy! :)