"Zero Noodles" - Anybody Familiar?

darla499
darla499 Posts: 402 Member
I'm just curious if anyone has tried "Zero Noodles?"

I'd never heard of them until I saw them in a friends diary today. I found the website: http://www.zeronoodles.com/ and they look like a miracle food!! :wink:

But before I buy them, I'd like to know if anyone has tried them and if they are really good?

Replies

• leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    They are... Okay. I didn't love them but didn't hate them. :wink:
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    I went out to their online site, and it doesn't look like they would be dangerous, just tastelesss. I think I would be willing to try them as an alternative to the gluten free noodles that I have that , well, they are just nasty. I will go check GNC the next time I am up in Tucson.
  • darla499
    Thanks.

What I'd really like to know is if the texture is good. I can flavor them with just about anything ... but how's the texture?
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Disgusting. Zero noodles, tofu noodles, miracle noodles, shirataki noodles... they're all DISGUSTING. They stink, they're slimy, and the texture is gross. I've tried it several different times, several different ways, and I just could not do it.

I'm sticking to my Fiber Gourmet pasta. 40% less calories w/ extra fiber, and they taste just like noodles cause they actually ARE noodles lmao Done with the diet crap!
  • darla499
    Disgusting. Zero noodles, tofu noodles, miracle noodles, shirataki noodles... they're all DISGUSTING. They stink, they're slimy, and the texture is gross. I've tried it several different times, several different ways, and I just could not do it.

I'm sticking to my Fiber Gourmet pasta. 40% less calories w/ extra fiber, and they taste just like noodles cause they actually ARE noodles lmao Done with the diet crap!

LOL!

I was just reading an article about them on Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/24/zero-noodles-diet-craze-lose-weight_n_2008189.html

that pretty much agrees with you :laugh:
  • mreenis
    mreenis Posts: 13 Member
    I eat Zero noodles regularly and I find them to be very filling.

It is important to wash them thoroughly then they have no taste at all. They absorb the flavour of the food you add them to ie stir fry or pasta sauce.

I enjoy eating them plain as I like their chewy texture. The taste and texture is similar to soaked dry rice stick noodles before they are cooked.

Really good for bulking out a meal with on a few calories.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I went out to their online site, and it doesn't look like they would be dangerous, just tastelesss. I think I would be willing to try them as an alternative to the gluten free noodles that I have that , well, they are just nasty. I will go check GNC the next time I am up in Tucson.

Trader Joe's has some really good rice flour noodles. My kids love them. They taste the same to me. The penne has more of an al dente texture, but the spiral noodles are the same to me.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    I have tried them. They are not horrible but since I no longer buy them they mustn't have been my cup of tea. Yes, you can flavour them but the texture is just a bit "off" for me. If you really need to fill your stomach they will do in a pinch but water might do the same.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    I like them but there is a trick to them. #1 like someone above said, RINESE WELL, and then rinse again. #2 is to "Dry fry" them(cook in a hot dry skillet until they get the texture you like) no oil and they will make noise it is ok, very hard to burn them. #3 use strong flavors since they have no flavor of their own, My wife and I like to make Alfredo with them. Good luck.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member
    They work...not the real thing but on a diet it will do fine.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    they were nasty! I bought the miracle noodle I think it was... comes in a liquid in a pouch and it smells awful. They are clear and thick... the texture alone bothered me. It had no flavor even when I added some sauce to it, the texture was just too much
  • Haven't had the noodles yet, but I have had the rice and it wasn't that bad. I agree that you do have to wash them very well and dry them and they will absorb the flavor of your food. I will eat them again. I bought them at my local grocery store, but you can also buy them online. Here's the website: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/?gclid=CP7g2eeU57cCFQSCQgod4HUAlw
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member

This. I was very excited to see my local grocery store start carrying shiritaki noodles. Researched online best way to make them - rinsed for a very long time, boiled, then pan fried a bit with spray oil. They were so nasty. The smell was awful, the taste was off but it was the texture that was the worst. There are no words that can convey just how awful it was!
  • darla499
    Thanks everyone.

Quite a few differing views.

I might give them a try .... just to say I did :smile:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member

Personally, I love the shiritaki noodles. As long as you parboil them properly, they're quite good. They smell of seaweed when you open the bag, but if you rinse them out and cook them, there is no smell, no slime and the texture is fine.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    You might want to try Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles.
    Just like spaghetti noodles.
    No smell and take on what ever flavor your are adding them too.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    They are not game over gross, but the texture is weird, they are also really hard to flavor, you almost have to soak them overnight in seasoning. Sauce doesn't stick to them either...

I vote for not worth it, just have a noodle-less stir fry
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Disgusting
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Finally got brave enough to try them once. Never again. Gross.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member

Yep. I actually liked them just fine at first, I would drain them (hold your breath!) and then rinse them really well, then top them with a veggie spaghetti sauce... but after a while I came to detest them.