to all the tall women out there

Options
i m about 5 9 hoping to go down to 60kgs, i was wondering is height really an advantage or its the other way round?
also all women who are approximately the same height as mine whats your goal weight?
lastly if any ones almost 5 9 and 60 kgs could you please share your photos ?

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt height has any advantage. Weight does, but not height. If you've got a lot to lose, it's likely you'll lose quicker. Of course, weight distribution is better when your body is lengthy, so I suppose THAT helps... meaning, you can carry more weight, but it won't seem like you're as heavy as you are because you're tall. I'm 6'2", and I weigh 330lbs, but people say I don't LOOK like I weight 330lbs... which is funny, cause I think I look heavier lmao

Anyhow, good luck.
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 current weight is 208 goal weight is 150
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9, current weight is 172 but 150 is my goal too
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    5'9" - starting weight was 245, current weight is 176, goal weight 155-160
  • Emmmmaaaa77
    Options
    Yea I agree height doesn't give us advantages with weight loss but stay motivated and you'll get there.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'9" 200 goal 160. Size 6-8 S/M also my goal
  • strenght900
    Options
    thanks for the response :)
    i am 73 kgs
    gw 60
    sw 95
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 61 kg. My goal weight is 54 to 55 kg. I was actually 52 kg in high school and my undergraduate studies, but I'm not sure how healthy that would be as a goal now.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am 5"7 and currently 63.9 a last weigh in. I log again tomorrow. For my height 59 kilos is the bottom end of healthy. So I guess 60 kilos for you might be on the under weight side? How did you come up with that goal? I would suggest not focusing on the scale so much and focusing on health and fitness rather than scale weight. Work on getting strong, if you like running or some other activity , try and get your times faster. Scale weight isn't everything. I tend to think, obese bmi , not good. Underweight bmi not good. Lower end of overweight bmi, go by other factors. A lot of athletes for example might be 'overweight' as are some of the girls (and guys) on here who lift and play lots of sports. They however aren't fat or have very little. Also how old are you? Som people, even girls keep growing until 21. I had male teacher who had a growth spurt at 29. My sister did stop growing at 21. So I you are young, you need to take that into consideration.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    i m about 5 9 hoping to go down to 60kgs, i was wondering is height really an advantage or its the other way round?
    also all women who are approximately the same height as mine whats your goal weight?
    lastly if any ones almost 5 9 and 60 kgs could you please share your photos ?

Im 5'10, my goal weight is 180, but could stand to be 150-175 to be in PERFECT SHAPE. My goal was to lose 100lbs I started at 282.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Here you go:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/945581-5-9-ladies-what-is-your-goal-weight

I think the main advantage of height is that being overweight is less noticeable because it takes more pounds to make us tall people look fat. 20 kilos of extra weight will look pretty different on a 5'9" person than on a 5'2" person. I am not sure if this kind of evens out at larger fat amounts though.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For reference 60 kilos is 132 pounds. So we are talking 18 pounds lighter than what others are suggesting :frown:
  • cdjs77
    Options
    I am 5"7 and currently 63.9 a last weigh in. I log again tomorrow. For my height 59 kilos is the bottom end of healthy. So I guess 60 kilos for you might be on the under weight side? How did you come up with that goal? I would suggest not focusing on the scale so much and focusing on health and fitness rather than scale weight. Work on getting strong, if you like running or some other activity , try and get your times faster. Scale weight isn't everything. I tend to think, obese bmi , not good. Underweight bmi not good. Lower end of overweight bmi, go by other factors. A lot of athletes for example might be 'overweight' as are some of the girls (and guys) on here who lift and play lots of sports. They however aren't fat or have very little. Also how old are you? Som people, even girls keep growing until 21. I had male teacher who had a growth spurt at 29. My sister did stop growing at 21. So I you are young, you need to take that into consideration.

60 kg for a 5'9" person would give a BMI of 19.6. The bottom healthy weight for that height (according to BMI) is about 56-57 kg (BMI of 18.5). So 60 kg is actually a perfectly healthy weight for that height.
  • Nadvicza
    Nadvicza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 wieghing 78kg my goal is 75kg, which may adjust to 72kg, depending on what 75kg looks like. I went down to 72 last year and was told I looked too skinny... It all depends are your body type, since I'm muscular I wiegh more than I look. So right now people think I'm 68kg.
  • grandevampire
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 61 kg. My goal weight is 54 to 55 kg. I was actually 52 kg in high school and my undergraduate studies, but I'm not sure how healthy that would be as a goal now.

Deadly honest opinion, 5'9"/52kg (114 lbs) is an unnecessarily low goal unless the goal is underweight and skinny? May I ask how you picked your current goal weight of 54 - 55kg? Even those seem low to me. I am 5'8"/59kg and could do to be less mushy but not much lighter. I have an absolute MINIMUM weight that I would ever accept going down to (i.e. if I was muscular and 15%-18% body fat) of 57kg. But if I ever wanted to be muscular, I would probably opt for putting on more mass and therefore weighing even more than I do currently (denser but leaner).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively close to those stats, I'm 5'8" and roughly 120lbs. In both of these pictures I weigh the same amount. The first one is last summer, the second one is a couple weeks ago. The first one is before I started lifting, the second one is with about 8 months of lifting.

Summer 2012
    224aaf266778113e65a6549a4b7ee688_zps6b81e976.jpg

Summer 2013
    4e70e88ad4f8334ba8235eb98f8f03c8_zps394df6bb.jpg
  • grandevampire
    Options
    I'm relatively close to those stats, I'm 5'8" and roughly 120lbs. In both of these pictures I weigh the same amount. The first one is last summer, the second one is a couple weeks ago. The first one is before I started lifting, the second one is with about 8 months of lifting.

Oh wow, are you planning on bulking back up, or is your goal to stay there? I'm surprised you have so much muscle but weigh so little. Guess density varies hugely between individuals. I always thought I was already on the relatively less dense side for my height.
  • cdjs77
    Options

Deadly honest opinion, 5'9"/52kg (114 lbs) is an unnecessarily low goal unless the goal is underweight and skinny? May I ask how you picked your current goal weight of 54 - 55kg? Even those seem low to me. I am 5'8"/59kg and could do to be less mushy but not much lighter. I have an absolute MINIMUM weight that I would ever accept going down to (i.e. if I was muscular and 15%-18% body fat) of 57kg. But if I ever wanted to be muscular, I would probably opt for putting on more mass and therefore weighing even more than I do currently (denser but leaner).

Like I said, I was 52 kg most of my life, but I feel that that is too low of a goal weight now. I picked 54-55 kg because that was the weight I was before my most recent knee injury when I still did cycling. My aim is to get back into the shape I was before, and back to a healthier body fat percentage, which for now would put me around that weight.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5 9 and I'm currently just over 170. My goal was 160 but now that I'm 10 lbs away I think 150 will be a better goal. I know I still have 20 lbs of fat left to plow through. Granted if I'm happy with my body before then I'm not going to obsess. But as I get more and more fit I still see areas that won't show my work til the fat is reduced more.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Oh wow, are you planning on bulking back up, or is your goal to stay there? I'm surprised you have so much muscle but weigh so little. Guess density varies hugely between individuals. I always thought I was already on the relatively less dense side for my height.
    I want to recomp for the summer then perma bulk from fall to spring. I bulk really quickly, I can add .25" to my arms every 4-5 weeks while maintaining body fat. I fully expect to gain like 15lbs when I bulk.