I'm 5'5" looking to lose 35lb total and 20 by Halloween

Options
Hey guys!
So this is my second go at losing weight with MFP. I usually get really into losing weight for about 2 weeks and then just fall off the side of the earth. Motivation is my downfall.
So, I'd love to get some friendswho have similar goals to buddy up with and encourage each other, or if I disappear, to call me back to the plate! (or urge me away from it! ;] )

I'm a 5'5" 22 year old female
CW: 155.5lbs
GW by Halloween: 135
GW: 120

for those of you who don't know yet, you'll see these "abreeves" around the site:
MFP = My Fitness Pal
SW = Starting weight
CW = Current weight
GW = Goal weight

Replies

• SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Hey guys!
    So this is my second go at losing weight with MFP. I usually get really into losing weight for about 2 weeks and then just fall off the side of the earth. Motivation is my downfall.
    So, I'd love to get some friendswho have similar goals to buddy up with and encourage each other, or if I disappear, to call me back to the plate! (or urge me away from it! ;] )

for those of you who don't know yet, you'll see these "abreeves" around the site:
    MFP = My Fitness Pal
    SW = Starting weight
    CW = Current weight
    GW = Goal weight

That is a great and easily accomplished goal! thats lik 5 lbs a month. Follow the suggested cal intake for MFP and add a daily 30 min walk. If you want to add me Im pretty motivated. Ive lost almost 50 lbs (was already 5 down when I joined MFP) and Ive done it by walking and staying on or near my cal allotment. Im active on this site and I like to cheer-lead people lol! Congrats to you for starting again! :D
  • mkenz1
    mkenz1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey guys!

MFP = My Fitness Pal
    SW = Starting weight
    CW = Current weight
    GW = Goal weight

That is a great and easily accomplished goal! thats lik 5 lbs a month. Follow the suggested cal intake for MFP and add a daily 30 min walk. If you want to add me Im pretty motivated. Ive lost almost 50 lbs (was already 5 down when I joined MFP) and Ive done it by walking and staying on or near my cal allotment. Im active on this site and I like to cheer-lead people lol! Congrats to you for starting again! :D

YES! you are exactly the type of person I want to be friends with! I like aerobic exercise and walking but NOT jogging or going to the gym! Thank you for saying it's easy, it seems like such a daunting task and that definitely helps my motivation!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Very doable, you'll be there in a blink of eye! Stick with the calorie deficit and you'll do excellent but most importantly remember numbers < how you look an feel! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi- i'm very similar, my weight has yo-yo'd massively from 168lbs down to 130. I find 140 is where by body sits comfortably and after that I struggle, have bad days and gain. I'm at 151 currently and would like to get back to 130.
    Motivation is lacking so any support is welcome, and it will be returned.
    Feel free to add me; like many I know what needs to be done- just need the push (yell) to stick to it!
    xx
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 23, 5'3" and we have a similar weight loss goal :) feel free to add me. I have been on this site for quite a while and I lost my way a little bit but I am back on the wagon and have been for four weeks now and I am so happy with the changes in my lifestyle already, eating healthy and being active has made such a difference in my life :)
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Looks like a good goal! Feel free to add if you want mutual motivation!