Calories

Options
On days where I leave the house early and am out with the kids and their activities I try and make and bring as much of my food with that I can. Today I was running late and didn't have breakfast. I did make a quick lunch. So here it is dinner and we are still at the ball park and I have 1,085 of my regular calories to eat plus 385 from working out. So besides being better prepared what do I do with all these calories. I can't eat 1,000 calories in chicken and veggies. What I'm asking is, is it best to eat something say like a fast food burger and fry to get calories in or to leave half your calories uneaten?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat whatever you want to get the calories in.

Like you said, you'll learn to plan better. There's a learning curve.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You can't eat 1,000 cals of chicken and veggies? Why the hell not? Cook the chicken in olive oil and put butter and maybe a rich cheese sauce on your veggies and you'll get up to 1,000 cals EASILY.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Eat as much of your chicken and veggies that you normally would. Maybe add a starch like baked potato or whole grain rice. Then bank the rest. I wouldn't arbitrarily just add a bunch of stuff to hit the 1,000 mark. Bank it and use for another day as it will not hurt you being way under for 1 day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A day under your calories every once in a while won't hurt. If it starts happening often, though, you'll want to plan better.

That said, remember that there are no bad foods in moderation. Have the fast food if you want it and it fits in your calories and macros.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Days like these call for peanut butter and a spoon. :wink:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    8 ounces baked chicken about 280 calories, baked potato wedges with olive oil baked in oven 1 potato sliced up with oil 250 calories salad with some fuller fat dressing 200 calories then add some sort of yogurt with fruit or an aplle with nut butter another 200 calories. Not that hard. add nuts raisins or PB to up calories aqs well.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You can't eat 1,000 cals of chicken and veggies? Why the hell not? Cook the chicken in olive oil and put butter and maybe a rich cheese sauce on your veggies and you'll get up to 1,000 cals EASILY.
    Agreed! Afdd a small dessert such as frozen yogurt and bam over! Maybe she wants a burger?
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want. There are also days where you get to the end of the day short. This is for life, right?
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I live the same situation at least twice weekly. I always carry almond or soya nuts in a Baggie in my car or purse. If I bring a cooler for the kids' drinks I slice up some cheese or throw a couple cheese strings in. I don't like to eat more than 600 for supper. Find some trail mixes that you enjoy and pre measure and stash away in case of emergency.
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    Days like these call for peanut butter and a spoon. :wink:

Seconding that!!! I LOVE these days when they happen...