Skipping Rest Week for Insanity?

Options
I am nearly done with month 1 of Insanity and I am contemplating skipping the rest week because I dont want to slow down my results or lose momentum, anyone have any experience with this or have any advice on whether or not this is a good/bad idea? Thanks!

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    don't ever skip a rest day. Your body needs a rest.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's not rest week, it's Recovery week, and you don't want to skip it. It's still a hard workout that week, he just slows down so your muscles can recover.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Impatience is how you get injured. Your brain is ready to go, but your muscles need a little time to recover before you step up the intensity. The recovery week is there for a reason. Don't skip it. If you hurt yourself, you're going to break your momentum completely.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Don't skip it. Even if you don't think you need the physical break, the mental break is refreshing. (I finished Insanity the end of May.)
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In the recovery week he focuses on strengthening your shoulders and hip flexors, which help for month 2. I've completed the full 60 day insanity and have continued doing it since then (going on 9 months now). It's only a week and your momentum won't slow, trust me! One other thing, someone advised to do the fit test on sunday's when you go into month two, I highly recommend that as month two workouts are hard as heck. My lowest calorie burn is 750 on the cardio days.
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I will stick with the recovery week!