proud of myself and everyone on here trying

Options
ok, really not sure where this belongs (thought success but its not really)
basically just proud of myself and want to share it,

am 33, never dieted or worked out in my life, i have never been huge but generally been overweight and just accepted it, never really questioned my size or the types of food i consumed,
a month or so ago i thought to myself, you know what, i need to have a go at changing my lifestyle, and once i had that epiphany i instantly started cutting out the bad foods and began exercising (mostly dumbbell workouts from home every other day),
overnight i went from not caring to cutting out pretty much all the bad foods i ate and regular work-outs
gone are the fry ups, the daily snacks of junk, the glasses of coke with dinner, the takeaways, and just about everything else that is classed as bad,

anyway, the reason i am proud of myself is that a month in, after such an instant and drastic change, i have not faulted, i do my work-outs, i calorie count and keep under, i have a son who eats pretty much everything and when i open the fridge, i will move the cheese and bacon and chocolate out of the way and grab an apple or something,
if i cook him a bacon sandwich, i will have something else and although i get tempted sometimes, i dont give in,
my worst day so far, was today because i was busy at work and never managed to eat hardly anything, and i felt guilty about not eating enough calories for the day, for the 1st time ever in my life i actually feel guilty for under eating and its a strange feeling, and i realized that i am taking this much more seriously than i ever thought i would,
i know i need to do more and get a more balanced diet but that will come through experience in dieting,

also, i discovered MFP, and absolutely love to see so many people doing so well, some of the people on here amaze me (most do actually), burning 1300-1400 calories through exercise blows me away, definitely helped me stick at it,

to sum up, for everyone here (specifically newbies) who has just started out and has a long way to go like me, be proud and take motivation from the fact that you are doing something about it and even though its a long road to travel, at least you have started the journey and are closer than you would have been if you never started,

good luck all :)

Replies

• egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You have reason to be proud! Anyone that looks themselves in the eye in the mirror and decides to try has reason to be proud :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I like everything about this post except the bacon avoidance. BACON CAN DO NO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! Keep at it.....
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nice work! And thanks for the encouragement!