I am a Newbie, I come in Peace!

Options
Hello to Everyone on MFP, I happened to find this site while researching a Bodybugg vs Polar FT60.. Wow I am already loving the site. I have tried the 50 Million Pound Challenge and Beach Body. This site is much more user friendly. Not that the other sites were bad.

I use Power90 as my primary source of my cardio/strength routine, for the resistance I use free weights and a Upgraded Tower 200. I also do Yoga, Plyometrics, ride my bike anywhere between 40-60 miles per week and I walk/jog anywhere between 15 and 20 miles per week.

I am also a newbie vegetarian (90 days and counting), I eat no meat of any kind, but I do drink milk, eat eggs and cheese, for my fellow Vegetarians, look no further than Morning star Farms line of Products, you will be impressed.

Well in closing, I must say that I love my Zune, I have never worked out with an mp3 player until the start of 2010, what a difference. My playlist Rocks..Love it!

Thank you all for stopping by, if only to see what I had to share, and for those who left a comment/post, the feedback is appreciated!

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!

This site has something for everyone!!!
  • jasonsplan
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and I am impressed with your workout/ exercise plan! Keep it up!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nile! Your workout is impressing and inspiring. I wish you good luck and that you achieve your goals soon!
    Namaste
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nile!! This is a wonderful site!!! Lots of Friendly people!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    great to have you here - wow, you are a rock star already!

I need to really work on the muscle tone thing cause I don't ever want to be viewed as the weak old lady LOL!

Enjoy, the people here have been awesome...seems we all strive for the same thing, long-term health

Peace Out! (love your tag line, made me laugh!)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! This is a great site with a lot of support and motivation.
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for visiting, the encouragement , I am trying to get the hang of Replying to Post, don't shoot me if I get it wrong the first time:smile:
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am interested in the vegetarian approach with strength training. How do yoy get max protein? I am curious.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Wow, it sounds like you've really got a great plan for your healthy life! I'm sure you will conquer all of your goals!
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am interested in the vegetarian approach with strength training. How do yoy get max protein? I am curious.

Pure Protein High Bars, Protein Shakes, Kellog's Protein Cereal, Eggs, Kellog's Protein Water, Morningstar Farms (Veggie Burgers, Chickin Patties, Meatless Meatballs, Meatless Crumbles, Smoothies, Peanut Butter, Mushrooms. Almonds, Cashews, Filberts, Hemp Seeds, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts (black), Legumes, Goji Berries.

Hope this helps.
  • ChaosInTheFlesh
    Options
    be careful with morning star keep a close eyes on the ingredients not all it is bad however some of it does still have animal products and what not in it
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    be careful with morning star keep a close eyes on the ingredients not all it is bad however some of it does still have animal products and what not in it

Not to mention sodium