Checkin for vegan- vegetarians here

Options
Hi I am a born vegetarian and an Indian. If you know anything about people like me, we eat very differently. I was wondering who else is like me here ....I cook from scratch, my cuisine is international, and I struggle to eliminate carbs from my meals!

I am forming a group here in the groups section please join in and help me( each other ) to succeed. Most of my time goes away in figuring out the calories in my cooking. It is hard not to eat per- cooked meals that tell you exactly how many calories each ingredient has.
I have also found it hard on MFP to make my recipes. I wish they come up with a pantry of my ingredients that I can use when I am making a new recipe. The long process of entering the data each time is frustrating.

Replies

• bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes dear ..the same problem for me also.even normal roti,we have to weigh the dough...by the way my name is Bhavani.I am from Hyderabad.,at present living at Iowa.Let us discuss and proceed further
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    After being ovo-laco pescetarian for seven years, I became a vegan in the last three weeks or so. I eat just two servings of non-gluten grains per day, and it has really helped accelerate my weight loss and eliminate cravings.
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any meat but don't find the logging challenging. I generally cook for an hour or two on Sunday then I'm good for the week.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group. I also cook mostly from scratch, and find it frustrating to enter every single ingredient. I usually end up not entering the spices at all since they are calorie free. I sometimes cheat and will try to find a recipe on the internet that is close to mine which also lists nutrition info & use that, or just add the calories. I LOVE Indian food! Please friend me now or when you start the group!
    Thanks!