Can you recommend a heart rate monitor?

Options
Jcole05
Jcole05 Posts: 21 Member
I have had the Polar FT7 since Christmas. It's been working well until the past few weeks, and I was wondering if you use an awesome HRM that you would suggest me getting? When I read the reviews for mine, others had similar stories of them turning erratic, showing crazy readings, and often saying "check heart rate transmitter" even when it is positioned correctly. Any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Jenny

Replies

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 405. I got it when it was on sale. I think the HR monitoring is pretty accurate, has gps, has some watch features that I never use too. The syncing of data to the computer is kind of a hassle to get started, but it does show you a lot of good data once you get it going. I also don't like how you have to touch the bezel in order to use the watch, very awkward and difficult to use, especially not intuitive. Takes some getting used to, but after awhile, I appreciate it's data tracking abilities and I think it's pretty accurate for HR, speed, distance which are important to me.
  • Jcole05
    Jcole05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!!! I will look into that model and check out the features. I just want one that will be accurate long term and not mess up after a few months. Thanks again!
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    I have a Suunto M5. I friggin love it
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have had the Polar FT7 since Christmas. It's been working well until the past few weeks, and I was wondering if you use an awesome HRM that you would suggest me getting? When I read the reviews for mine, others had similar stories of them turning erratic, showing crazy readings, and often saying "check heart rate transmitter" even when it is positioned correctly. Any help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,
    Jenny

If the clothe like HR strap, did you follow the instructions and wash it?