Strong Motivators Wanted!!!

Options
I absolutely love the site, but wondering if anyone else has the same problem: I don't need someone to tell me "good job staying under goal"...I need a FITNESS PAL that's gonna say, "why the heck are you eating a pint of ice cream and no exercise!!!"

Maybe it's just the nature of being in the military...but that's the PAL I need right now. I don't want a bunch of friends to commend a day for me without exercise and/or healthy food choices.

I don't need a cheerleader, but someone that wants to reach their goal...and can "keep it real" and hold each other accountable.

I've got a few friends that do just that, looking to add more :)

Who's with me? Add me! Let's drop these lbs together!!!

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Most successful people I see on MFP are strongly self-motivated and don't need someone to berate their food choices. Not saying that needing this is a bad thing, but think of the long haul: will you need someone to constantly monitor your food and put you down for eating 'bad' foods 10 years from now? 20? At some point you've got to do it on your own, you've got to keep yourself in check.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Most successful people I see on MFP are strongly self-motivated and don't need someone to berate their food choices. Not saying that needing this is a bad thing, but think of the long haul: will you need someone to constantly monitor your food and put you down for eating 'bad' foods 10 years from now? 20? At some point you've got to do it on your own, you've got to keep yourself in check.

This is very true but I tend to be someone that will say what I think.. not sure that is good but I do so add me if you want to be told to be told the truth. I won't look at your diary every day though but sometimes I will and since you want me to be blunt watch out lol.
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    oh ya i want someone to be mean to me.. I'll give it to you if you give it to me!! lol
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That is an interesting approach. I don't look in diaries. I figure that if people are faithfully logging everyday they sort of know what works for them. If they make a comment about their day or say they regret eating a pint of ice cream or a sheet of cheesecake or whatever, I will give them advice and it is usually this. Cut a few more calories over the next week or so and increase your exercise a little bit for the same time frame and like magic that ice cream disappears. But, I rarely randomly just go into people's diaries. I also don't really like that for me either. I like my food and I don't have binge or cheat days, I just go high carb every once in a while and I love sodium.

So that's my advice to you for future reference if you have a high calorie day, don't freak out, work it off and make a wee bit of a cut daily for a bit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like you want accountability than a motivation. Sounds like you have motivation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The problem is, for the motivation you want, you need to find someone who shares your exact same philosophy on food. Not everyone thinks ice cream is evil, so even if they saw it they might not comment.

All I might comment on is under-eating, an extreme lack of protein or a lack of fruit and veg. I know that there are many ways my food could be criticised, but I really don't need anyone else to do that for me.