Cardio

Options
Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have a question. In order to lose weight should I begin with doing some hard core cardio for a while then add in some weight training when I lose some weight? I know that weight training is important and plan on getting to that but I don't want to add the weight with weight training. Oh just adding that I have been working out since the begging of the year and I have really intensified my cardio the last week. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• bekabug
    bekabug Posts: 2
    Options
    You should def do both! Depending on how often you plan to work out you can alternate days. 3 cardio, two weights with a rest day in between. you can also build up to doing an extended cool down cardio before and after your weights day. 10 min before and 10 after. I work at a gym and this is the usual suggestion [not the extended warm up, thats all me]- don't over do it though...injuries are the worse for weight lose :)

Good luck!
  • littlemomma
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I only get 3 maybe 4 days a week to work out and it is all in a row, Mon -Thurs. And only Thursday sometimes. No way that I can change it as it as I work 40 hrs a week plus have 2 small kids. I work out at night after work when the gym is open. Only open 24hrs the 4 days a week. So with that I have been trying very hard to do my very best. Only so many hrs in the day. lol I do an hour to an hour and a half on the different machines. With some core work in the middle and after right now. I now have to wait until next week to do anything as I can't go again till Monday. Thanks again
  • facarpen
    Options
    Littlemomma....................I agree with bekabug. Do both exercises. One thing you will notice, and not always will be a weight gain. I was told this by two trainers I have helped my on my exercise progam. The weight you may or may not gain will be muscle and not fat. If you are one who does gain wait keep track of lost inches, and Body Fat Index. These are what will tell what is going on. Many of the exercises you are doing at the gym on a weight machine you can do at home either standing or sitting. I have learned a series of execises using no weights at all, just a kitchen chair. They are arm curls 3 sets 15 reps no weight except the weight of your arms, laterai raises 3 sets,15 rep, again just the weight of your arms, side twists. One of my favorites at home with a kitchen chair is stand and sit do 3 sets 15 reps each and you have done a good healthy workout with no danger of injury from over extending yourself with a weight machine. I hope this helps and does provide some encourgement. I do workout at a gym 3 days a week for about 2-3 hours each time. on my days off I do the weightless exercises at home. Just chasing two young children around should give you plenty of exercise. Keep a positive attitude and as the Army says' Be All You Can Be............! good luck on the future you