Steam and Sauna

Options
I wanted to get your view on using the steam and sauna after a work out. Am working out 5 days a week for an hour.
I look forward to using this facility at the gym but didnt knwo if it was good for my skin on a daily basis!

cheers

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,629 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get your view on using the steam and sauna after a work out. Am working out 5 days a week for an hour.
    I look forward to using this facility at the gym but didnt knwo if it was good for my skin on a daily basis!

cheers
    Great for relaxation and blood flow. Don't by into it "detoxing" your body though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ThePolishExperiment
    ThePolishExperiment Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yeh nothing wrong with using it, its a good weight loss aid, although if you simply enjoy it, then there is no reason why you can't hit the sauna for 20 minutes after your session, as long as your not in there for like an hour or anything you will be fine.
  • Sam_Africa
    Sam_Africa Posts: 16
    Options
    yes-i try and hit ten in one and ten in the other.thanks!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It can be great for clearing out your pores, but make sure you shower and cool down to close your pores again after you get done. It does nothing for weight loss, but it can be great for loosening tight muscles after a good workout.