Size what?

Options
The subject line says it all. So i live in Texas and if there was a State within the U.S. that was the closest to Hell i would say that this is it because just walking to the mail box for mail will leave you with the need for a shower. I went through my clothes during the week and found that while i did not really have the money i was in need of at least a couple pairs of shorts and maybe some light tanks to help combat this heat. So here it is, i go to the Mall and find some shorts and shirts and stroll to the dressing room feeling semi blah but hey i am not a size 7/8 anymore and the larger you get the less clothing options you have. I start to pull up the shorts and realize that if i buy them i am going to look like a stuffed sausage and man oh man i stood there for a good 10 minutes thinking what the Hell has happened to me? I walk out and ended up adding a number 4 to the short size just to feel comfortable enough that everything looked good. I have been going through a life changing point in my life the past 6 months and while i will not go into detail my eating habits have not changed but my depression has taken a strong hold and i have been feeling more down now then any other time in my life. All i ever want to do is sleep and when i wake up i just want to go back to sleep. I am not a lazy person by any means it's just especially this past month and a half i just feel like i have no motivation and no one by my side. Any moms reading this may understand where i am coming from especially if you always put your kids first and have no Husband/Partner in your life to help.

Replies

• shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i feel ya i am a mom of three my husband is away mon-fri and it is hard... First off have you talked to a doctor about your depression? ( i have been there) if so good for you!! Right know the best thing you can do is lose the weight as much as i want to give up i know that i dont want to go back to the weight i was.. even thought that was about 13 lbs.. but strength training does a body good!!
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The subject line says it all. So i live in Texas and if there was a State within the U.S. that was the closest to Hell i would say that this is it because just walking to the mail box for mail will leave you with the need for a shower. I went through my clothes during the week and found that while i did not really have the money i was in need of at least a couple pairs of shorts and maybe some light tanks to help combat this heat. So here it is, i go to the Mall and find some shorts and shirts and stroll to the dressing room feeling semi blah but hey i am not a size 7/8 anymore and the larger you get the less clothing options you have. I start to pull up the shorts and realize that if i buy them i am going to look like a stuffed sausage and man oh man i stood there for a good 10 minutes thinking what the Hell has happened to me? I walk out and ended up adding a number 4 to the short size just to feel comfortable enough that everything looked good. I have been going through a life changing point in my life the past 6 months and while i will not go into detail my eating habits have not changed but my depression has taken a strong hold and i have been feeling more down now then any other time in my life. All i ever want to do is sleep and when i wake up i just want to go back to sleep. I am not a lazy person by any means it's just especially this past month and a half i just feel like i have no motivation and no one by my side. Any moms reading this may understand where i am coming from especially if you always put your kids first and have no Husband/Partner in your life to help.

I understand where you are coming from. I have a husband who is home daily he just is never really there if you know what I mean. If you are feeling depressed you need to talk to your doctor. But in the mean time carve yourself out some time however long you can and use that time for you. Do what you want to do! This could be as simple as sending the kids to the neighbors while you enjoy a long bath. I suffered from major depression due to what I called "loosing myself". I was always someones mom, wife, teacher, coach, co-worker, but I was never able to be me. I had to slowly carve out some me time so I could figure myself back out. I'm not all the way there yet but its getting there. Take time for you!!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

You are not your shorts size. Take time to heal, you owe it to yourself,x