INSANITY??

Options
I have been looking for a way to lose some weight before my 21st (about 50 days away) and I was thinking about Insanity because the tv add says it works in 60 day and people have lost 40- 90 pounds.... But Tv can be hard to believe Has anyone ever tried Insanity? Has anyone ever completed it? If so can i see before and afters?

Replies

• djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a decent program. It is exercise...just like running on a treadmill, swimming, weight lifting, etc. People do Insanity and follow a balanced diet with a caloric deificit and lose weight. Some people do Insanity without a deficit and maintain or even gain weight. It's all about your approach to it.

With that said, the fine print on those commercials will tell you that "results are not typical" and many of those people who lost large amounts of weight did so with several rounds of the program. Can you be successful with Insanity and a smart approach to your nutrition? ABSOLUTELY. Do you need Insanity to lose weight, not necessarily....but if you're looking for a program to get you kickstarted then go for it. My preference would be to find something you enjoy and that you can do for the rest of your life. Best of luck.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    LOVE Insanity!! Here's my 60 days of sweat! (If I did the pic right... lol)

ieqcgn.jpg
  • vgarcia1986
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Man it kicks my behind! I to this day can not finish some moves so I make up my own LOL Just keep mooooving!
  • mchavez92
    mchavez92 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today was my first day of week six and I have a love hate relationship with it. I'm not following the diet plan and i have lost 5 lbs, lost a couple inches around my waist and can finally do push-ups again!! So proud of myself ^_^ you should give it a try and of course you'll get better results if you follow the nutrition plan.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it (today is the last today of week 2). I haven't been tracking my weight, but I have lost an inch off of my waist in the first two weeks. It's definitely having a visible impact. It's very high intensity and requires that you be able to maintain good form while exhausted. Losing form can get your injured (particularly in ankles and knees). It's a great program, but make sure that if you decide to do it, you go in with your eyes open. It's hard and requires a lot of self-motivation. If you stick to it, including the nutrition, it will work. The best exercise is one that you can stick with. If Insanity is it, then good luck to you.
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    I actually ordered Insanity for my cousin a few months ago and he loves it. He's getting decent results aswell.
  • sutoid
    sutoid Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of insanity and I'm already seeing significant results in the belly region. It is extremely difficult but highly fun and addictive. I can't wait to see the final results once I'm finished.