Replies

• abbyreciouz
    abbyreciouz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5'8

SW 180
    CW 175
    GW 143

..I looked pretty thin when I was 154 though.
  • grandevampire
    Options
    I'm relatively close to those stats, I'm 5'8" and roughly 120lbs. In both of these pictures I weigh the same amount. The first one is last summer, the second one is a couple weeks ago. The first one is before I started lifting, the second one is with about 8 months of lifting.

Oh wow, are you planning on bulking back up, or is your goal to stay there? I'm surprised you have so much muscle but weigh so little. Guess density varies hugely between individuals. I always thought I was already on the relatively less dense side for my height.
    I want to recomp for the summer then perma bulk from fall to spring. I bulk really quickly, I can add .25" to my arms every 4-5 weeks while maintaining body fat. I fully expect to gain like 15lbs when I bulk.

Makes sense. Good luck with the recomp and bulk!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i m about 5 9 hoping to go down to 60kgs, i was wondering is height really an advantage or its the other way round?
    also all women who are approximately the same height as mine whats your goal weight?
    lastly if any ones almost 5 9 and 60 kgs could you please share your photos ?

Im 5'10, my goal weight is 180, but could stand to be 150-175 to be in PERFECT SHAPE. My goal was to lose 100lbs I started at 282.

Umm...are you me? LOL I'm 5'10.5", started out at 281 and am currently at 212. My current goal is also 180, but I might try for 170 once I get down there.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am at my goal weight of 125, which is roughly 57kg. My pics are in my profile.

How much do you have to lose? Of course, I'm not going to advise against this goal since I made it here just fine, and didn't have much of a struggle. I followed a healthy eating plan, and lost weight every week. However, if you have a lot to lose, my advice would be to choose small incremental goals and proceed from there.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    5'9 here, 259 currently, goal weigh 140-150 :)
  • strenght900
    Options
    I'm relatively close to those stats, I'm 5'8" and roughly 120lbs. In both of these pictures I weigh the same amount. The first one is last summer, the second one is a couple weeks ago. The first one is before I started lifting, the second one is with about 8 months of lifting.

Summer 2012
    224aaf266778113e65a6549a4b7ee688_zps6b81e976.jpg

Summer 2013
    4e70e88ad4f8334ba8235eb98f8f03c8_zps394df6bb.jpg
  • strenght900
    Options

Summer 2012
    224aaf266778113e65a6549a4b7ee688_zps6b81e976.jpg

Summer 2013
    4e70e88ad4f8334ba8235eb98f8f03c8_zps394df6bb.jpg

you look awesome :)
    way to go :)
  • strenght900
    Options
    I'm about 5 9 and I'm currently just over 170. My goal was 160 but now that I'm 10 lbs away I think 150 will be a better goal. I know I still have 20 lbs of fat left to plow through. Granted if I'm happy with my body before then I'm not going to obsess. But as I get more and more fit I still see areas that won't show my work til the fat is reduced more.

i can't agree more
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I started out at in Spring at 170lb/77kg and now I'm at 152lb/69kg. I've been this weight for about a month and doing some recomp work, upping the amount I eat by about 100 cals per week, and getting back to a 40/40/20 p/c/f macro split after having reduced my carbs to 30% for a while. I did this gradual adjustment to give me more energy for my running and heavy lifting workouts. Luckily, I've seen my lifts begin to increase again and I feel a lot better on this macro break down, as it gives me more freedom with my eating. I follow the IIFYM idea.

I've always had an athletic frame, I'm not petite. I come from a family of men who are 6'4" at the shortest! At my lowest, 125lbs/56kg, I didn't think I looked very healthy at all. So, for me personally, OP your GW would be too little weight for me. You need to watch how you lose the weight and from where to determine what the right GW is for you. Especially if you add strength training to your routine, you can be losing inches, increasing muscle mass, and having the scale just sit still - but making killer progress in the mirror. You have to make sure you acknowledge improvements that aren't just your scale number as well! :)

My ultimate goal weight now isn't a particular number, but more a muscular and defined "look", and let the numbers fall where they may.

Here I am at 69kg in early May.

jjkiz7B.jpg
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Am 5'8.5" and when I weigh 11 stone (154 lbs), I look like I need a Red Cross food parcel - I have usually been ill to be that 'light'. A good weight with muscle strength for me is 11 and a half stone (161 lbs) - popping a pic of me climbing at that weight on my profile because I don't think I look that fat folks!

A former flat mate (same height) spoke to me one time when we were cooking supper to confide that she had just dropped weight down to 9 stone (126 lbs) from 11 stone and what did I do to stay so slim ... her jaw dropped when I told her I was 11 stone.

Conclusion? Guess it depends on your build?! Not making excuses but I do check my waist / height ratio too (and look in the mirror) to make sure that I am not being too deluded!