Affordable workout clothes for women?!

Options
Okay, so I don't know if it's just where I live but here in Australia it is super hard to get workout clothes of decent quality at a decent price, especially running shorts. You know those super comfy, loose running shorts with side splits? Yeah, the only pair I own are from Cotton On Body and they were $15. The only other sport brands I know are Nike, Lorna Jane, Puma and Addidas, all of which are like $50+.
Does anyone know of any good outlets/shops/online shops (free delivery!) in Aus? I found Old Navy and SportsDirect had amazing shorts, and they were only $8 a pair, but the shipping was ridiculous. Ahh this is so frustrating! I just want some running shorts are less than $20!

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Do you have any outlet shopping centres nearby? They often have end of line/samples which are reasonable. Not sure about Aus but in the UK I can get New Balance, Nike, Adidas and Reebok cheaper than in the usual shops. Sports Direct are another favourite but it sounds like shipping is no good where you are!

Also, do you you have any sports superstores like Decathlon? I found one of those in China and they're reasonable & do nice sportswear.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have those shorts. Jcpenneys for around 5 bucks on clearance.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Sydney and I buy all my workout stuff from K-mart. So so so good!!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Do you have any outlet shopping centres nearby? They often have end of line/samples which are reasonable. Not sure about Aus but in the UK I can get New Balance, Nike, Adidas and Reebok cheaper than in the usual shops. Sports Direct are another favourite but it sounds like shipping is no good where you are!

Also, do you you have any sports superstores like Decathlon? I found one of those in China and they're reasonable & do nice sportswear.

We have no superstores that I have heard of (Sydney) and the only outlet place seems to only have enormous sizes or teeny tiny sizes left (and I don't know if they even stock exercise gear). I think non-branded K-mart or possibly Target is your best bet.

Just wait until you travel ;) so cheap about EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD! I found some super cheap stuff even in Tokyo!
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you have Target or Wal-Mart there I would suggest there. I get all of my shorts from there and love them.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I don't know if it's just where I live but here in Australia it is super hard to get workout clothes of decent quality at a decent price, especially running shorts. You know those super comfy, loose running shorts with side splits? Yeah, the only pair I own are from Cotton On Body and they were $15. The only other sport brands I know are Nike, Lorna Jane, Puma and Addidas, all of which are like $50+.
    Does anyone know of any good outlets/shops/online shops (free delivery!) in Aus? I found Old Navy and SportsDirect had amazing shorts, and they were only $8 a pair, but the shipping was ridiculous. Ahh this is so frustrating! I just want some running shorts are less than $20!

Hi, Amart all sports has a sale on at the moment . I think in ends at the end of the month. I like Russell Athletic and that's one of the brands on sale 50% off . I bought some shorts for 15 dollars, and they are really nice colours and wear well. I also like the target brand. They have really basic shorts, that a like a grey/blue colour. Nothing fancy, but not too short and have a drawstring. That so helps if losing weight lol. I wore my couple of pairs a lot last year and they held up really well. I think they are about $20. I also always check clearance racks in sports shops. I was lucky enough to get some Adidas shorts for $10. Just an out of style colour , but I like them :smile:
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I get mine at H & M, and that's fairly cheap, especially if I find stuff on sale.
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    I always found ebay was good in Australia so maybe you could try there? It's not so big here (UK), probably because online shopping in Australia is a bit lame which is weird since a lot of people live hundreds of miles away from any decent shops!! Good luck :)
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I find K Mart have some good cheap shorts and Big W also have a cheaper range of work out gear as well as the michelle bridges line
  • iam_soHARLEM
    iam_soHARLEM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i dont know if you internet access to modells sporting goods.. they are having a sale as i type!!!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies everyone! More replies always appreciated!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you might be able to buy from other countries' stores online, and shipping isn't necessarily that expensive. Even Amazon has exercise equipment, they may have clothing too.
  • be_patient
    Options
    I have those shorts. Jcpenneys for around 5 bucks on clearance.

yeah, but jcpennys doesn't ship to Aus! :(
  • be_patient
    Options
    you might be able to buy from other countries' stores online, and shipping isn't necessarily that expensive. Even Amazon has exercise equipment, they may have clothing too.

I'd love it that was true, but shipping was $59 on Old Navy :(
  • be_patient
    Options
    Try Amazon
    doesn't ship to Aus :(
  • be_patient
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Sydney and I buy all my workout stuff from K-mart. So so so good!!

whilst they are very cheap, I find they aren't very lasting!
  • be_patient
    Options

Hi, Amart all sports has a sale on at the moment . I think in ends at the end of the month. I like Russell Athletic and that's one of the brands on sale 50% off . I bought some shorts for 15 dollars, and they are really nice colours and wear well. I also like the target brand. They have really basic shorts, that a like a grey/blue colour. Nothing fancy, but not too short and have a drawstring. That so helps if losing weight lol. I wore my couple of pairs a lot last year and they held up really well. I think they are about $20. I also always check clearance racks in sports shops. I was lucky enough to get some Adidas shorts for $10. Just an out of style colour , but I like them :smile:

YESSSS thank you so much! Free shipping to Aus yeah! Too bad it doesn't have too much of a range though :(
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options

YESSSS thank you so much! Free shipping to Aus yeah! Too bad it doesn't have too much of a range though :(

Also just thought too, rebel sport. One of them always has a sale and sometimes the same one lol.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Amart All Sports and Target/K mart have become my best friends for buying fitness clothes!!! Amart still isn't super cheap but the stuff I have bought from them is great quality and has lasted me.