How long will it take?

Options
Hello everyone!

I do a cardio workout 5-6 times a week (started on Monday the 10th) and have only done one ball pilates class this week as well, however I intend to do 1 to 2 of those per week in the future. I went vegetarian with minimal dairy product intake aside from my milk in my muesli in the morning. So generally my diet is:

Breakfast: 4 spoon fulls of muesli in the morning + 250ml of milk.
Brunch: a piece of fruit up to 100kcal
Lunch: a vegetable based meal with lots of salad and no dairy + 1 slice of white bread.
Linner: another piece of fruit
Dinner: an egg + an egg white (for the protein) with more salad.

I watch my calories borderline religiously and make sure i get at least 1l of water per day.

My question is, given my diet, how long will it take to lose weight? I've been doing this for only a week now. Should I be expecting changes? Because I'm not seeing any. Also is my diet alright?

Thanks.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you eating ?

You should clearly see weight changes in 2-4 weeks if trying to lose at a slow rate, as your weight fluctuates anyway.
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    Well, MFP says I should intake about 1400kcal a day, but I do my best to keep it down to 1200.

And yeah I know my weight fluctuates a bit, but when I said changes I meant like, lose a kilogram or so.
  • AndreannaTamira
    Options
    50kg to go? That will take a while. I lost my first 30 kilos (before stalling for a year and eventually joining MFP) in about 5 months, averaging about 1.5 kilos lost per week.
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    No I have 5 to go. You can choose whether to show your weight or how many kg you have to go. :)
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    Also I don't need to see a LOT of change, I just want to be sure that the sacrifice I'm making isn't in vain. So any change would be insanely encouraging.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    5kg is around 30 days
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I do a cardio workout 5-6 times a week (started on Monday the 10th) and have only done one ball pilates class this week as well, however I intend to do 1 to 2 of those per week in the future. I went vegetarian with minimal dairy product intake aside from my milk in my muesli in the morning. So generally my diet is:

Lunch: a vegetable based meal with lots of salad and no dairy + 1 slice of white bread.

I watch my calories borderline religiously and make sure i get at least 1l of water per day.

My question is, given my diet, how long will it take to lose weight? I've been doing this for only a week now. Should I be expecting changes? Because I'm not seeing any. Also is my diet alright?

Thanks.

That doesnt even sound like 1200 calories a day to me. 4 TABLESPOONS of cereal? Girl just eat more food. With the amount of exercise youre doing you will burn out quick (trust me)......trying to fuel a vigorous exercise routine on such little food is pure stupidity-I know, I used to do it myself. I lost nothing, and constantly felt tired. Now I eat to fuel my body and exercise (lifting is my exercise of choice) and am feeling and looking better than ever. Find something you enjoy doing, and eat to support it. Why 5kg? For your height you are a normal weight. 5kg is a lot for that.
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you arn't eating enough calories, so your body is clinging on to them for dear life. Up your calorie and water intake, make sure you are getting enough protein, and you should start losing weight.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Thanks.

That doesnt even sound like 1200 calories a day to me. 4 TABLESPOONS of cereal? Girl just eat more food. With the amount of exercise youre doing you will burn out quick (trust me)......trying to fuel a vigorous exercise routine on such little food is pure stupidity-I know, I used to do it myself. I lost nothing, and constantly felt tired. Now I eat to fuel my body and exercise (lifting is my exercise of choice) and am feeling and looking better than ever. Find something you enjoy doing, and eat to support it. Why 5kg? For your height you are a normal weight. 5kg is a lot for that.

I agree, your diet seems a bit silly. I was eating 1400 for a while, usually I'd eat 2 fruit toast with peanut butter 15g for breakfast, beans and an egg on toast for lunch and dinner for 500-600 cals + it leaves room for a snack.

you should log your exercise and eat back 1/2 - 2/3 of the calories and get as close to your 1400cal goal as possible.

you sound like you are under the impression you need to starve to loose weight. its not true. you can eat a good amount of food and still loose, and its better to do something you can sustain, your current diet doesn't sound sustainable or nearly enough.
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 5kg in 5 weeks. I started with a diet of 1500 cal. and exercise every day the 2 first weeks. Now that I exercise less I eat 1200 cal. per day and still loosing, so I think you can add some calories to your diet.
    Also your diet is not bad for 1 day but you can't eat the same every day, you need to change it every day, eat different foods so your body will have everything it needs. Also if you eat the same food every day you will get tired and you' ll stop trying very soon....
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    It actually says on the muesli box that it's recommended to eat 4 table spoons of it. per meal. I didn't make it up myself. And still I remember times when I was thinner and looked better, I'd like to get back to that, that's why I want to lose the 5.

You suggest I eat more, but I'm already eating 1200 roughly a day. Isn't that enough?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority of reply's if not all, I consider my self quite a newbie at this and there are much more knowledgeable people on here to assist you, but this link will give you at least a basic understanding of the effects of calorie intake or lack of on weight loss and performance.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it, the MFP community is full of very supportive people.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    It actually says on the muesli box that it's recommended to eat 4 table spoons of it. per meal. I didn't make it up myself. And still I remember times when I was thinner and looked better, I'd like to get back to that, that's why I want to lose the 5.

You suggest I eat more, but I'm already eating 1200 roughly a day. Isn't that enough?

No, especially if you;re not eating back what you lose from exercise. Read the road map post by Ophidion....it'll start to make sense.