no loss for about a week now!

Options
So annoying, I did well the first month, down 14lbs but the last week no loss! Just staying the same!
Do I need to reduce cals?

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You will not lose weight every week.

For myself, I have a pattern of no loss for 2 or even sometimes 3 weeks and then I'll drop 4-6 lbs the next week.
  • GeeGirl82
    GeeGirl82 Posts: 32
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I just broke through a 2 week plateau by eating more calories.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    agree with above.

I've hit plateaus four times in 3 months. You'll go 1-3 weeks where there is no change, and then, a pound drops off.
  • cgregurich73
    cgregurich73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plataus happen with everyone it's just takes time. When your body gets use to something it will mellow out. Sometimes to get over those situations you can wait them out. Or change something up and shock your system. If you started more excercise this week you can plateau to but don't concern yourself always about the weight because when you convert fat to muscle it weighs the same but you will be leaner.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You weigh 215lbs and eat around 1400 calories, you're eating under BMR. Your body needs more fuel. The 14lbs you lost in the first month would have been largely water weight and now your weight loss has slowed. It's definitely not a plateau, that word gets thrown about too much. Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and work out your BMR and eat above that :flowerforyou:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    there will be times when you loose inches but no weight and vice versa, look at things like clothes feeling looser (or your jeans falling down!)
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You should not worry if you don't lose a wekk. It happens, weight loss is not liniar. Do the same for a couple of more weeks, and if it doesn't work, that worry.

Personally, I'm bvery used to not losing a week or two, than lossing weight for the whole period in the next week.
    The weight depends on so many things... water gain, increased sodium, muscle gain due to exercise, that time of the month, hormonal inbalance, constipation, the scale you use, the place to put the scale, and so on.
    A week means nothing in the world of losing weight most times. Do not worry about a week. People have months long plateaus and they eventually do fine.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i think your calories are fine, i eat 1450 and one week i might lose 3 pounds the next week a pound and some weeks i don't, its just your body adjusting.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    one suggestion though, try eating more fruit and veg and natural foods.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You lost 14 pounds in a month. It's only ONE week with no loss. Your body may just be letting itself adjust to such a big loss in a short amount of time. Give yourself a chance to adjust. Good luck!!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You lost 14 pounds in a month. It's only ONE week with no loss. Your body may just be letting itself adjust to such a big loss in a short amount of time. Give yourself a chance to adjust. Good luck!!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You've had a great loss already! One week is nothing to worry about, as you get closer to goal you will find you lose very little as the weeks go by. I'm lucky to lose a pound a month if I'm not eating clean and exercising regularly.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options

For myself, I have a pattern of no loss for 2 or even sometimes 3 weeks and then I'll drop 4-6 lbs the next week.

Same here!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This. 100% this.
  • Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for all the input and advice! Even though I have seen no loss I have continued to stick to cals and do exercise. i don't always track my exercise and water consumption!

I am trying not to lose heart and keep pushing through until next week!! Hopefully I'll see some loss! I will even be happy wit 1lb at this stage! :)

I'm trying to lose weight as quick as possible for my health as I have high blood pressure, Post postpartum Preeclampsia and it was advised that weight loss would help. i wouldn't be surprised if the 14lbs was just water as I had a lot of swelling even 8mnts after birth! I am also on diuretics for treatment of BP for the last 5months.

I have to eat around 1400 or 1500 and no more because of my PCOS! Otherwise I won't loss!! As advised by a doctor!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Yes.

You AVERAGE a pound a week. So many things affect it. I had posted a graph of my weight loss last year. It went from 3 pounds a week sometimes to nothing for a month. But it averaged a pound a week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    So annoying, I did well the first month, down 14lbs but the last week no loss! Just staying the same!
    Do I need to reduce cals?
    Weight loss isn't linear. Just continue. Stalls happen on every weight loss journey.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • katiekatiekatie7
    Options
    Plateau's happen to lots during weight loss, and while it can be annoying it's just the way it goes sometimes,...persevere through it :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just to reiterate...weight loss isn't linear. When you get to maintenance, you will also find that body weight isn't static either.