Hobbies!

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
So, I'm looking for a hobby... preferably one that I can blog about! I'm considering knitting, because I know the basics (I can cast-on, do a knit stitch, and bind-off) but I have a long way to go!

I'm also considering learning the piano.

What're your hobbies, and what would you recommend for somebody searching?

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Scrap booking...it is my valium!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I never could get the hang of knitting, so I crochet when I have the time. :)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I used to crochet as a kid....it's definitely something I would be interested in picking back up!

As far as scrapbooking goes, my stepmom did it for a while and it looked awesome! The way she did it was expensive, though!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Follow your passions... Take some intro classes to new areas to see what appeals to you. If you love it, it can become your hobby.

My passion hobby is birdwatching - nothing beets adding a new bird to my list. Yes - I plan vacations around new places to bird:blushing: . I'm also creative with stained glass - I love making night lights and stepping stones (great to give as wedding and shower gifts). My husband has collections of beer, arcade and pinball paraphernalia so we go to lots of brewpubs, garage sales and arcade festivals. I also read tons of books but have had to move from hard copies to MP3 format - you just cant burn many calories sitting on the couch reading a book for hours on end.

Other hobbies that sound appealing to me (if only I had unlimited time) - star gazing, golf, cooking... Good luck finding something that you will love to fit into your new lifestyle.
  • Morrianna
    Options
    I spin my own yarns on my wheel. Then I knit or crochet with them :smile:

It becomes an obsession!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love to quilt.....but I have devoted more of my free time to exercise lately! Need to get the sewing machines going again!
  • garbageman
    Options
    Rock climbing - it's like death-defying puzzle games!

Music - helps me express myself

Reading - always trying new ideas on for size

Geocaching - a good reason to crawl the streets and go stomping through brush! Plus I get to mess with my GPS!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    reading, i always have two or three books on the go.

cross stitch, same, usually have two or three going.

scrap booking, i try to make one page a month, to highlight something done that month (birthday party, skating day, etc)

baking & cooking, I LOVE to bake & cook...and I blog about it, although not so much lately because of trying to lose weight. I usually update when something is happening that i need to bake, like a party or potluck.
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    I second music: piano lessons or any instrument!!

Yoga, reading, or something extreme like cycling that fits with weightloss, bonus!