discouraged

Options
hi am new i have been doing my fitness pal for 5 weeks now faithfully and i joined the gym doing 30-45 minute workout 3-6 days a week and i thought i would have lost close to 10 lbs by now i have only lost 3. i have totally changed my eating habits eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, chicken, fish. i hate htis discouraged feeling i am really enjoying the gym and the work outs any suggestions to get over the disocuraged feeling

Replies

• cindy5761
    cindy5761 Posts: 28
    Options
    You may be putting on muscle......but losing inches......did you take any measurements before you started? Do your clothes feel any looser?
  • losinit48
    losinit48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the only measurment i took was my waist, i haven't remeasured yet. i don't have a big change in how my clothes fit just a slight one.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You may be putting on muscle......but losing inches......did you take any measurements before you started? Do your clothes feel any looser?

It is very difficult to put on muscle while in a calorie deficit and unlikely to make a difference in this case.

OP, 3 pounds in 5 weeks sounds like good progress to me. It may not be what you hoped for but slow weight loss is healthy and sustainable in the long run.
  • greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    losing weight is HARD!!! Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting your heart rate up to the fat burning zone or are you exceeding the zone and going into Anaerobic exercise and not buring fat at all? Are you eating the right food for weightloss or just eating? There are a lot of factors that could be effecting the number on the scale. Dont give up. You didnt gain the weight in 5 weeks so dont expect it to come off in 5 weeks either. Keep going and you WILL see results!!! Give your body a chance to adjust to a healthy life style. If you are like me, my body had a lot of crap stored and detox wasnt easy and pretty much sucked as I got use to a healthy lifestyle. You can reach your goal. Just keep pushing forward!!!
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't give up !!! Def get your measurements and PICS to compare , the scale won't show you changes all the time ;) always weigh yourself in the am ....and put the scale away! Weigh in every other week or once a month, that thing is MEEEEEAAAAN , I tell ya!! Measure waist arms thighs hips even your neck you'll be amazed to see where the changes are taking place, and remember muscle is heavier than fat so you may be swapping your fat pounds for muscle pounds, this is where the pics tend to help show results !! YOU CAN DO THIS you know you can :)
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    losing weight is HARD!!! Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting your heart rate up to the fat burning zone or are you exceeding the zone and going into Anaerobic exercise and not buring fat at all? Are you eating the right food for weightloss or just eating? There are a lot of factors that could be effecting the number on the scale. Dont give up. You didnt gain the weight in 5 weeks so dont expect it to come off in 5 weeks either. Keep going and you WILL see results!!! Give your body a chance to adjust to a healthy life style. If you are like me, my body had a lot of crap stored and detox wasnt easy and pretty much sucked as I got use to a healthy lifestyle. You can reach your goal. Just keep pushing forward!!!

This, sounds right.