help !! INSANITY

Options
so today was day 1 of sanity i think i could not do very well in the fitness test .. so is it normal ? or should i switch to a relatively easier workout?

Replies

• Phoenix_75
    Phoenix_75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Insanity is very hard and I will be suprised if anyone does well the first time they do the fitness test! The main thing is that this is a starting point. Dont try and keep up with the people on the dvd, go at your own speed and you will be surprised at how much you improve by your next fitness test. I have read posts on MFP where people are on their 2nd, 3rd etc round of insanity and they could not do one push up at the begining. Stick with it!
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Keep going : ) Continue at a steady healthy pace for you. Don't worry that you can't keep up. Just keep good form and know that you are doing your best : ) Soon you will start to see vast improvements.
  • mandiw665
    mandiw665 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity once through (missed about 3 days). Second half of the programme is much harder and started to enjoy it less. Thinking about starting it again though as I did enjoy the first half and love that you can work at your own pace. Got Turbofire for Christmas and find the choreography tricky but do it once in a while for a change. Mostly week days I go to the gym.
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Insanity never gets easier, but you get better. Just finished up a week and a half ago. Starting P90x today. P90x looks like a walk in the park compared to Insanity, BUT the programs have different design and purposes. Good luck with Insanity. I cursed Shaun T. a few times, but Im glad I pushed through.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. When I started I was 333 and thought I want gonna have an Heart attack the 1st time.By the timeyou hit the last day it'll be all about beating your old scores.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Started Insanity last Sunday-- it tore my back up badly (explosive moves were havoc on my 53 year old back.) This despite being much more fit than most folks-- make sure you keep your form if you're going to do it
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What you describe is totally normal. It will never become easy, but you will find that you get stronger and better as you go on. I've done it a lot in the past 3 years and still curse at the TV. But it has immensely helped my strength and running. So just push through it:)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. I'm on Day 5 and loving it :drinker:
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Totally normal!!! I just started and I couldn't even complete the fit test. I still can't finish the DVDs but I go at my own pace. I will keep with it and hopefully I will get to a point where I can complete the whole workout. What's most important is to keep proper form and be consistent. You can do it!!!! Good Luck!
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I start TOMORROW !! Ahhhhh....excited and terrified at the same time, I've been working for two weeks with yoga to get some flexibilty and breathing techniques and Pilates to strengthen along with swimming to refresh lol....but I'm pumped got my little guy in my head ready to tell me when I need to slow my roll ;) !!! Impossible ...I don't think so, challenge you bet your front butt !! Woot woot crazy momma comin at ya !!
  • strenght900
    Options
    thankyou all for your support and great advise :) i will do insanity and hopefully will get better at it :D
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is a hard program, so that is a normal way to feel! Stick with it!!! :D You will see growth!!
  • losingit413
    losingit413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks ago. I did the best I could and modified some of the exercises that I couldn't do full force. I did the fit test again recently and doubled or tripled the amount of reps I could do. I was really surprised because I didn't realize how much stronger I had gotten. You can do it, don't give up.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's hard but as long as you push through,you'll feel stronger. As Shaun T. says,he's not trying to kill you. He was just wants to make you better :)

Take breaks,you'll see Many of them doing that too. You'll see the difference when you do the next fit tests.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last week of Insanity and I still modify some moves. It's about improving your own level of fitness from where you start, not necessarily matching the fitness of those on the dvd's. Keep going...you'll get better!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    The fit test is meant to be a metric. You can use your results on the first one to compare to how you do in two weeks. Don't sweat it if it was hard. It's supposed to be. If you stuck through to the end, you've got what it takes to get though the workouts. Just make sure to watch your form and take a break when you need to. It's the best way to make sure you don't get hurt.
  • Rainbowwow
    Rainbowwow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ya first day might be difficult but its normal and you'll see big changes. You can also try HIP HOP AB
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! I'll be finished with Insanity next Saturday and it is a hard, hard workout, but the results are worth it and you will see your progress in the fit test - that's why it is there. Keep at it! Remember to do things at your own pace and try not to keep up with the people in the video all the time. Stop when you need to. Stick to it - it's worth it. Good luck!