Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor. I'm a college student on a budget, so I would like something that works for good value. I also don't want anything bulky or obnoxious - does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Take a look at a couple and then check for them on ebay.

I got my current hrm for $40 off ebay, was still new in packaging.
    (Polar RS300x)
  • hwillia1
    hwillia1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have just got the polar ft4, easy to use and not too expensive, got mine off amazon.
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have just got the polar ft4, easy to use and not too expensive, got mine off amazon.

the ft4 is brilliant, nice clear HR display, simple to use and v discrete under my workout clothes! :D happy shopping
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just price matched a Polar FT7 at Best Buy with Amazon.com and saved $42. Going to pick it up today. Good luck!
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with my $69 Amazon purchase. http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Navigation-Sports-Monitor-Compass/dp/B005IYSAOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371392809&sr=8-1&keywords=gps+navigator+watch

It's not only a heart rate monitor but a gps watch as well. The watch itself is about twice the thickness of a regular slim little sports watch, but there's a lot packed into it. I've had no problems with mine and easily sync'd it to my computer. Had it up and running, gps signal and sync'd in under 15 minutes.