Affordable workout clothes for women?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Sydney and I buy all my workout stuff from K-mart. So so so good!!

I recently found really great cotton, comfortable shorts for 4.98 at Kmart.
    They hold their shape and are true to size. Some of them even had matching
    t shirts that were also very comfortable and fit great.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I buy almost all my workout clothes at TJ Maxx and Marshall's if they have them there. All the name brands at a fraction of the cost.

When i was running years ago, I used to buy online at running-type stores and then saw the same shirts there for 9.99 or 7.99 vs 25 or 30. Walmart carries Danskin brand which is better made than some of their other clothes, but if it's just to workout, you don't need to spend a lot.
    Amazon also has some dicounts.
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Hello Hello!

I totally feel your pain! I live in Sydney and agree that fitness clothes here are super expensive! Sometimes they have deals on at the Nike Factory and the Adidas Outlets in Auburn. I remember I once managed to lay my hands on a 40% off voucher once!

I sometimes buy stuff online. I am originally from Scotland and recently used a site I trusted called http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ where I bought some camelback waterbottles. It was cheaper to ship it to Sydney from UK than buy it down the road from Rebel Sport.

I am super excited as I head for America at the end of the month so hopefully I can lay my hands on some cheapy fitness clothes!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I love meeting people from Australia!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    i dont know if you internet access to modells sporting goods.. they are having a sale as i type!!!

Thanks for this information. Hadn't heard of them! I just went onto their site and put in an order...getting some shorts for about $7 each that cost $17 at Target! The WEB212MS code worked and knocked off 10% more. Much appreciated!
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't live there, but saw somebody post about Kmart. While they may not have your size in stock they are promoting a program where they'll ship them to your house. Not sure cost on that but I thought it was free shipping. Maybe try Amazon.com or even WalMart.com. I'm an Amazon Prime member and I get free 2nd day shipping on everything I buy that's Prime eligible, which you can filter for when doing a search. Also, check sporting goods stores as the seasons change. They'll have things on clearance to make room for the new season. While buying winter clothes in the early spring may not help you all summer long, it does help your pocketbook.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Try Amazon
    doesn't ship to Aus :(

that's a bummer!! I thought they shipped worldwide.