True friends with someone I have never met

Options
Sometimes we try to ignore things about ourselves or we just don’t know, but we do need a good friend to tell us about ourselves. Someone who will speak out of love and concern, not someone trying to put you down. If you have a booger hanging out of your nose, you need someone who ain’t afraid to tell you. Yes, and tell you the right way… So we should not be offended when something comes from a proven friend.
I have found some true friends on MFP... I do think some will last a lifetime... Funny thing how close you can become to someone that you have never met and really don't have to meet. They are simply a voice of encouragement and support.
I'm just saying...
Anybody feeling me on this?

DJ

Replies

• Wants2bethin
    Options
    Ive talked to a lot of great people on here and am glad I joined . :)
  • djstargater
    Options
    I am with you 100%. I met my true friend on another site and we came to MFP together. I feel like I have known her my whole life and yet we have never met. She always tells me like it is and I appreciate that. These websites aren't just about weight loss and encouragment, they are about friendships too.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have created new friends through MFP, DFL, and FL which are all the websites I go on. The people are encouraging and don't judge you because they are in the same place as you and I. Good luck on your weight loss journey. We are all winners!:flowerforyou:
  • TruSunshine
    Options
    I definitely agree with you on this one :wink:
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So true. There are a lot of people on here that I can't see myself without them as a friend. I love it
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel you.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I met my best friend on line ... it's been 8 years and we are still best friends (we have since met and get together a few times a year - and talk, email or txt almost every day). I have other friends I have never met in person but consider in my closest circles - including some MFP peeps. I think maybe the absence of face-to-faceness helps us be more honest and less guarded - so we may become truer friends with people on line than those we meet first.

I owe so much of my success to the MFP friends I've made. :)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling you on this, and love the post. My "Black Team" friends are such a part of me now, they're the first people I talk to in the morning, and the last ones at night. I can't imagine life without them. And I've yet to meet a single one in person. (although I did speak to one on the phone)

Excellent post.

Have a great day.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I am with you 100%. I met my true friend on another site and we came to MFP together. I feel like I have known her my whole life and yet we have never met. She always tells me like it is and I appreciate that. These websites aren't just about weight loss and encouragment, they are about friendships too.

I can say the exact same thing to djstargater:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling you on this, and love the post. My "Black Team" friends are such a part of me now, they're the first people I talk to in the morning, and the last ones at night. I can't imagine life without them. And I've yet to meet a single one in person. (although I did speak to one on the phone)

Excellent post.

Have a great day.

:bigsmile: Couldn't agree more.

It doesn't matter how your friends come into you life. I love this site for giving me a handful of awesome ones. I've known some of these folks for 2 years now! Yowzers!

Great post, DJ!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I am feeling you on it!! I met my best friend on MFP. We had the opportunity to meet for the first time in July...in person. I flew out to Arizona to meet AZNIKIGIRL21, and it changed my life. Niki was the person that I could somehow tell everything to without judgment. We had some striking similarities on things. Even though it was somewhat of a transition to go from the technological world to real life:laugh: , it was an awesome experience. I felt like meeting her put all of my little secrets about weight out in the open, and I was able to deal with them. Since then, I have committed completely to changing my life. She was a huge part of that. I am glad to have her for a friend. I was always embarrassed before, but I figure if I can meet someone that knows everything about me (including my weight) and still loves me, I can take my fat butt to the gym full of strangers without embarrassment. MFP friends are the best!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I agree with you 100% a thousand times over, all 4 of my best friends I met online .. one of them I never met ..and they are the greatest friends I could ever ask for.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    P.S. I met my husband online too! ;)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Absolutely feelin' it!
    I have met some pretty terrific people over the years, not only here on MFP but through other interactive sites such as Facebook, and a Christian chat room I used to hang out in long, long ago...Those people are old friends now. I hope the same for all my new friends here. :bigsmile:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    I figure support is what we really need, I dont need advice as much as i do support... We will figure it out if we are encouraged to stay the course. that is the key, not to quit... and not to go backwards... Guess what we are all so close to falling off the wagon, I know at least two times in the past year where I lost my enthusiasm... Then is when u need a boost, a kick in the buttocks from a friend. Part of me does not want to let my friends down and part of me does not want to let myself down...