Newbie time:)

Options
Hello!

Well My name is Heather, and I' am posting an introduction even though I've been trying out MFP for around a week or more. I have to say I really like it!

A little info: I am 28 and married for about 5 years now. My husband (who had also started using MFP) and I have been trying to lose some weight, and be healthier. We have found that we really like using MyFitnessPlan.

Ok like I said I'm 28 years old and about 5'4. I have a goal to lose about 10-15 pounds. I have never really been overweight. nor have I always struggled with my weight, until recently. The older I've gotten the harder its been for me control my weight. Most of that has to to with lack of exercise and a diet that is sometimes healthy, and sometimes not.

My goal really is to see myself at a healthier weight, toned up, and fit. I like MFP because I can see what Im eating and how its affecting me overall. I like to eat healthy, but I do have a tendency to either over eat or graze a lot through the day. With my job I don't get a lot of set times to take and eat a meal. So most of my day can be spent grazing from one thing to another, and then not really being full.

I am a certified/licensed athletic trainer. I take care of Sports injuries and athletes at the high school level. So one of my other reasons for trying to better my body is to have more credibility with my athletes. If I am healthy and getting fit, then when I tell them how important it is, maybe they will listen more than they usually do. I also have a lot of physical exertion that is expected, so I need to be able to set the pace, and not just keep up.

Sorry this may be longer, I ramble when I don't know what to say. But I would love to have some friends to keep me motivated! Oh yeah I have a very sweet dog named Maggie, who reminds me that walking is always a good thing! :)

Replies

• jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Check my profile and send a friend request if you want!:smile:
  • melakafray90
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new too, only started using MFP two days ago and I'm still getting to grips with it. But nice to meet you!

:)
  • katemcon
    katemcon Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new too, friends? The support would be good.
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather , i'm not new but always love to have new friends :) request sent
  • hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome!