Mscorona65
Mscorona65 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined and thought I'd inroduce myself. I'm a single mom of a 16 yr. old son who struggles financially which in turn makes me stress out which then leads me to bad food choices! Such a cycle! I so want to be healthy and sexi! Any ideas on how to get up and moving would be wonderful!!! Kris :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Welcome! Stress eating. That is totally me! I think tthe key to exercise is variety. Try a little bit of everything! I walk and i just yesterday bought a Biggest Loser 30 day kick start video for $9 at Walmart. I also dance. You wil love this website. I have been trying for many years to lose weight and this is the first time i have actually felt like i could do it! Keep pushing yourself! You are great and will be amazed at what you can do if you set your mind to it! Feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other on our road to success!
  • I'm a Mommy of 3 very energetic kids & I bake WAAAYYYY too much! I told the kids no more baking, Mommy's gotta drop 10 pounds ASAP! My weight was never an issue while I was nursing, but now that I've stopped, the weight is just packing on! I've gotta get more active in my exercising & start watching what I eat now!! I'm on vacation next week at the beach, and I plan on getting serious the following Monday morning!! I wanna fit in my old size 7 jeans!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Welcome to MFP, Kris! I wish there was an easy answer for you. You're kind of in a 'Catch 22', but you need to focus on your goal to be healthy and sexy and see that is obtainable and you can do it. You just have to do it and don't let any set backs stop you. Enjoy the little goals along the way i.g. feeling better, clothes fitting better, and compliments. You can reach your goal but just know that it will take some time to reach it. Good luck to you!
  • Hi,

I find that walking really does burn tons of calories. I couldn't believe that a walk around the local park with the kids burned off over 500 calories. I didn't need to run around the park or play football with my son. It's the simplest of things that count and it's amazing how a few small changes can help with weight loss.

Good luck xxx
This discussion has been closed.