rewards

Options
so i was making up my list of rewards for myself as i meet my weight loss goals, which will hopefully motivate me to keep going forward. i have a lot to lose, so i have several benchmarks for myself, progressively getting better the more i'm down. i decided that every 25 lbs. i can have a fun non-caloric (as my old ones were) reward! just wanted to see if anyone else is doing this/what you are doing.

for 25 lbs. i get to go have a pedicure (over halfway there!!!)
for 50 lbs. i get to go have my hair professionally colored/highlighted at the de spa (instead of doing it myself)
for 75 lbs. i get a coach purse (which my mother has agreed to help with) i have been wanting badly
for 100 lbs. i get to get the tattoo i have been wanting for years, but haven't gotten because of the fat!

so how about you??

Replies

• maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    so i was making up my list of rewards for myself as i meet my weight loss goals, which will hopefully motivate me to keep going forward. i have a lot to lose, so i have several benchmarks for myself, progressively getting better the more i'm down. i decided that every 25 lbs. i can have a fun non-caloric (as my old ones were) reward! just wanted to see if anyone else is doing this/what you are doing.

for 25 lbs. i get to go have a pedicure (over halfway there!!!)
    for 50 lbs. i get to go have my hair professionally colored/highlighted at the de spa (instead of doing it myself)
    for 75 lbs. i get a coach purse (which my mother has agreed to help with) i have been wanting badly
    for 100 lbs. i get to get the tattoo i have been wanting for years, but haven't gotten because of the fat!

so how about you??
  • carrotstick
    Options
    Those are fantastic rewards! I haven't even thought about setting any - goals are kind of hard to look forward to without a nice rewards like those - hmmm I'll have to work on a list too!
  • maggierex
    Options
    yeah every time i want to run through the drive-thru i think "fat food or coach purse??" then i go home and eat my yummy healthy food and forget i ever wanted to stop at one of those horrible places!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I want to swim in the calvin klein pants I bought at a size 12. They were tight to begin with and I never lost the weight to fit into them...now I want them to fall off me so I can get them professionally tailored.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    1. 25lbs- what I want to loose by October for our trip to California
    2. 50lbs- what I want to loose by the end of next spring when I get my AA
    3. 80lbs- I'm buying a two piece and me and the hubby are going to Jamaica!!!

We do little rewards at the end of every month if we've done well and tried hard.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the goals!!! How fun! :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Ooo....this is fun!

10lbs-New workout outfits. I'm not buying anything cute until then!!
    20lbs-Little bumble bee tattoo on my bum. I've wanted one since Transformers came out!!
    30lbs-Sexy new wardrobe!! Golfing outfits, day time attire, going out with my honey attire, staying with my honey attire :wink: That oughta take care of the last five!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    10 lbs - expensive body fat scan. Just had one done and want to see progress.

otherwise, I don't really need a reward - just a mirror!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I've set little mini goals for myself...some, ok most, are pretty boring. For every 5 I bought a new nail polish or something small like that.
    I have 8 lbs to go before reaching my goal. When I get there, I'm thinking about getting myself a bike. I haven't rode one since I was a kid.
  • maggierex
    Options
    mini-rewards are also important, too! i figure as i lose more and more, but am not at the big marks, i will treat myself to things like a new pair of shoes, a new shirt, jeans, etc. i'm not going to do any major clothing purchases until the end of august (when school starts back up - i'm a school librarian, so nothing to get dressed up for over the summer) and hope to have to buy a few sizes smaller!:bigsmile: