Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Legs bums and tums boot camp

Hi does anyone have any idea how much calories you would burn a class like this 60 minute class. It consists if squats, lunges, plank, sit ups, leg raises, using hand weights?...

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Buy a HRM and find out :)
  • KarolineKirk
    KarolineKirk Posts: 2 Member
    If its boot camp style none stop class with a bit of cardio as well I would count it as a 60 min circuit class which is about 400 xx
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    I did a similar class on Saturday and forgot to wear my HRM :( While I would say its not going to get your heart pumping as much as a high intensity aerobics session I REALLY felt it afterwards and today if soreness is a sign of muscles working then my muscles have been dong overtime :p
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,886 Member
    If its boot camp style none stop class with a bit of cardio as well I would count it as a 60 min circuit class which is about 400 xx
    350 to 400 sounds about right.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Buy a HRM and find out :)

MFP needs a like button!
  • Anjubogle
    Anjubogle Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone, your info has been very helpful....
  • Anjubogle
    Anjubogle Posts: 3
    Sounds exactly like the class I am doing. I couldn't walk properly for four days! Lol. But like the saying goes....no pain, no gain!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I do LBT and log it as aerobics general. MFP calculates my 45 min class as 330 calories.

Re using a HRM, I take beta blockers for high blood pressure, so cannot use one.
  • Evie410
    Evie410 Posts: 2 Member
    hi..im not over weight just really need to tone up im planning on starting Legs bums and tums every week combined with aqua swim and general sit ups ab work outs at home..how long do you think it will take for me to see results? and any recommendation on what to eat before and after a activity like Legs bums tums! please help Very new to this..

thanks