Hello from Knoxville, TN (AGAIN)

Options
Well hello again everyone! I was here and doing well but something happend (not really sure what) and I haven't logged in several months. The friends I had have all either given up on me (can't blame them) or haven't logged in 15 days to 5 months themselves so looks like it's time for more.
I'm Sherry, I'm a 39yr old single mom of two. I need to lose 75lbs, I have been told more than once "you have a beautifull face but the rest needs work" , ya know what can you say to something like that?? It certainly doesn't make you feel beautifull and makes you wonder if in some weird way they were only tring to be nice while telling you you.re fat. Well guess what I already know I'm fat that part I don't need someone to tell me. So that's just part of why I'm here but it goes much deeper than that. Anyways just wanted to say hi and maybe hear a few your alls stories as to what brought you here and make a few new friends. Hope everyone has an awesome and blessed day. Oh and btw Happy Fathers day too all the great Dads out there doing what Dads are supose to do and to all the Moms who have to step up in fill in the space for those who don't (StepDads too)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Sbaby74.

I do hope this time MFP tool works for you.

MFP has been a great help for me.
    I made the decision 2 years ago that this is a "lifestyle change" rather than a diet.

I also focus more on my body measurements rather than weight scale. It has taken me 15 months to get rid of 23 pounds.

I emphasize "get rid of" rather than losing because if I lose something I try to find it or I replace it. I do not want that extra body weight back ever again.

Things that helped me:

1) Log calorie intake as accurately as possible. I log everything I eat. I bought a kitchen scale, set of measuring cups and a set of measuring spoons. I was shocked to see how off I was with my eyeballing portions.
    2) Monitor calories burned with physical activity. I bought a Hear Rate Monitor (HRM). The one with chest strap works better for me.
    3) Read about TDEE and BMR at My FitnessPal message boards. Use the TDEE and BMR formulas in the web. This tell you how many calories you can ingest to get rid of body weight.
    4) I follow Michael Pollan's suggestion: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants

Good luck in your journey
  • Sbaby74
    Sbaby74 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • Sbaby74
    Sbaby74 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hellooo is there anyone out there??