need Support please read

Options
my name is raven i am 18 and i weigh about 210

a few months ago i was on here and fully dedicated staying under in what i needed to logging on was second nature but time after time i had both of my parent saying something about what i would eat . me knowing that i had measured out properly and was perfectly able to eat what i had been making after a while i began to get annoyed. with that happening within a week i went from logging my food to slowly not then bringing home a double fudge cake and eating most of it with my little brother. still my parents would get on me. saying i gave up calling me a quitter and worst of all saying they were disappointed . as you can probably tell i didn't log in for a while i went from 210 to 193 back up to 210 all because they would not stop. later on my parents went to there nutritionist ans she told them to back off so i waited a few weeks but with no luck they started again well at least my mother did even though to her she wasn't saying anything the looks and the "is that really a good choice" made me not even bother.
today an argument t arose and we yelled and screamed me telling her to back off and leave me alone about it , and then here bringing up some relative with diabetes or another relative who was over weight

my name is raven i am 5'4 and 1/2 i weigh 210
another thin g that breaks my heart is when someone tells me what i should weigh witch would be 115-125
but even when i was down to 175 i was a size 10 and i was happy with that i just need some support
because i do want to do it for me i just dont want to hear it from everyone else

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You can't change anyone but yourself.
    You can do it.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this.
    You can't change what your parents think about your eating habits, but you can change how YOU feel about that. It's easier said than done though, but when you know that something you are eating is healthy/will fit in your daily calorie amount etc. you shouldn't really be bothered by what other people think about that. Same goes for when you're having a cheat day, you should never feel ashamed of what you're eating at any point, as that can create a very disturbed relationship with food at some point.
    Anyways, as I said that's easier said than done and I'm sorry you're going through this. Don't give up though, in time you WILL see the results of your hard work and your parents will see it too. For now you might just have to bear with it and keep in mind that they are probably doing this with the best intentions (even though it's completely counterproductive).

Good luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • ravesroses
    ravesroses Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oops
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    my name is raven i am 18 and i weigh about 210

a few months ago i was on here and fully dedicated staying under in what i needed to logging on was second nature but time after time i had both of my parent saying something about what i would eat . me knowing that i had measured out properly and was perfectly able to eat what i had been making after a while i began to get annoyed. with that happening within a week i went from logging my food to slowly not then bringing home a double fudge cake and eating most of it with my little brother. still my parents would get on me. saying i gave up calling me a quitter and worst of all saying they were disappointed . as you can probably tell i didn't log in for a while i went from 210 to 193 back up to 210 all because they would not stop. later on my parents went to there nutritionist ans she told them to back off so i waited a few weeks but with no luck they started again well at least my mother did even though to her she wasn't saying anything the looks and the "is that really a good choice" made me not even bother.
    today an argument t arose and we yelled and screamed me telling her to back off and leave me alone about it , and then here bringing up some relative with diabetes or another relative who was over weight

my name is raven i am 5'4 and 1/2 i weigh 210
    another thin g that breaks my heart is when someone tells me what i should weigh witch would be 115-125
    but even when i was down to 175 i was a size 10 and i was happy with that i just need some support
    because i do want to do it for me i just dont want to hear it from everyone else

Hi :)

I've always had issues with my weight and my mom is an awesome mom but she tended to want to "help" and that did nothing but making me want to stuff food in my mouth. When I decided to try mfp, my mom was very supportive but during meals, she tended to look sideways at what I ate and make little remarks about how it was too much and I was probably counting cals wrong. At first, it annoyed me but then I got awesome results with this app and I feel great!

My mom still thinks I eat too much but she doesn't say anything (or much) anymore because the results are here. That's my advice - let the results speak for themselves. It might be hard at first but just tell yourself, it's going to work and your parents will have to admit you're doing well at some point.

You can't change them or how they react but you can change yourself and blow their mind in the end.

Do it for yourself and if you need some support, feel free to add me.

xx
    Ginny
  • lorrieavery
    lorrieavery Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey raven just want you to know that sometimes when moms are worried about your health they say something hurtful before they think about it. they say things because they too are on this program and are frustrated. all any parent wants is for their children to be happy and healthy. i know why your mom is pushing and harping.........because im your mom........and im soooooooooooo afraid that if i keep losing weight every week and you dont that its going to put a wedge between us. call me superficial or vain or whatever but i want my beautiful daughter in mini skirts and skinny jeans not old grey sweats.
    im probably saying the wrong things yet again .......even if i am i love you raven, always have always will :heart:

oops i accidentally posted this on your name......sorry mom
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    You have to just decide to be true to yourself, and make good decisions for YOU. No one can make you eat something you don't want to, no one has the right to criticize you about it. Be strong, do what you know is right for you. You can do this. Really.
  • ravesroses
    ravesroses Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this.
    You can't change what your parents think about your eating habits, but you can change how YOU feel about that. It's easier said than done though, but when you know that something you are eating is healthy/will fit in your daily calorie amount etc. you shouldn't really be bothered by what other people think about that. Same goes for when you're having a cheat day, you should never feel ashamed of what you're eating at any point, as that can create a very disturbed relationship with food at some point.
    Anyways, as I said that's easier said than done and I'm sorry you're going through this. Don't give up though, in time you WILL see the results of your hard work and your parents will see it too. For now you might just have to bear with it and keep in mind that they are probably doing this with the best intentions (even though it's completely counterproductive).

Good luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
    thank you but i don't care what people thing but parents are a much different story