INSANITY, Hip hop abs, Turbo jam HELP!

Options
Hey guys,
i used to work out 5-6x a week when i started eating cleaning but now ive been really busy so i decided to try out Hip hop abs at home so i wouldnt waste time not working out. ..

my questions are:
Does it work ?
How many times should i do it in a day ?
and do i do the entire DVD ?

oh and i was wondering if i should go with hip hop abs, Turbo jam or Insanity ?

My Fat percentage in my body is normal, the only thing im trying to lose right now is my belly fat ( I know i cant spot reduce )
so i was wondering which of these would help ?

Would really appreciate your answers :D

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will reduce your BF% is a calorie deficit. The videos (any of them) will only improve muscle endurance, not get you a flatter tummy.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Do they work? It depends on what you're eating and what exactly you're trying to do. They are great for getting in shape, but whether or not you lose weight depends on how much you're eating.

Do you do the whole DVD? How many times per day? They come with calendars, but if your copy didn't, you just do one of the tracks that's somewhere between 20 and 50 minutes each day... you can do more than one if you want to.

I have both Hip Hop abs and Turbo Jam. They're both good, and they actually have some similarities in that they are kind of dance based. Turbo jam involves more punching and kickboxing moves, and Hip Hop Abs is a little funky and has more core work, but they're both fun. I am a little scared about Insanity. My coworkers do it and it looks intense. I'd probably flake out halfway through the workout if I didn't think I could keep up.
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    If you have worked out 5-6 days a week in the past and are eating clean I would suggest Insanity. You are guaranteed results if you stick with it. Yes it's tough - but if it wasn't a challenge then there wouldn't be anyone doing it. Those saying "it looks to hard" are making up excuses. I've physically watched 250 pound women sweat through an insanity workout and had great results doing it. Hip hop ab's is good but the feedback I get is that it lacks intensity compared to Insanity. Plus you are asking about how many times a day to do it - my suggestion is to go with insanity and then you have one workout a day for less then an hour - it really does workout perfectly.

Brower47 is partially right about the calorie deficit - however Insanity comes with a great diet/food guide and a calorie calculator so you know where you need to be based on YOUR body. And it also tweaks the nutrition for you in month two (cuz you gotta eat more).

If you have any other questions shoot me a message!
  • Rowegirl82
    Rowegirl82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have both Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire - I love them both! I will say I'm glad I started with Turbo Jam before attempting Turbo Fire. TJ is my go to work out when I need to lose a few inches off my waist but am short on time as it's guaranteed everytime as long as I put in the effort and eat well. I walk about 3 miles a day (hips won't let me run!) and alternate doing Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire 4 times a week. I have also started doing Zumba at home and really noticed it's a nice fit alongside TJ!

Ayways good luck and I hope whichever work out you decide to try works for you!
  • Drizzly
    Drizzly Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

Did you ever choose one of those workouts and give it a shot? I was doing Turbo Jam for about a month and then got sick and fellof track..I really liked it and had already lost 12 lbs and 15 inches. Since then I have ordered Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body and Brazilian Butt Lift while they were on sale. I can not decide which to start back with.

I will probably go back to Turbo Jam but throw in some Hip Hop abs for fun!