63 pounds lost but im not seeing it.

Options
Hey guys. Im finally at the 63 pounds lost. I started seeing some of it off. But I cant remember the last time i saw a difference in my waist or hips for ADLEAST the last 35 pounds that I lost. I dont know where im losing it all. I am tall(5'9") but still Its a little rough. I dont know if Im just not measuring properly but I just find it so weird. I sew so I know how to measure. Everyone usually has the opposite problem. not seeing it on the scale. Im seeing it on my scale and not on my hips and waist.

Replies

• daniellegreig14
    daniellegreig14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!! Don't worry we're on the same boat. I feel as if my butt, thighs, and muffin tops aren't going away. I have a feeling that it's all mental. If people have said something to you complimenting your weight loss, then you know there's a difference. I have a feeling that you do look different but since you see yourself everyday, you can't tell. :) keep it going!! Stay motivated <3
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I barely noticed my first 50lbs lost. Pretty normal when you have a lot to lose I think
  • lizbess1
    lizbess1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me its been 47 pounds, I can see some of where it is gone but like you sew and know where to measure and my measurements haven't changed in a while either so have no idea where it is gone from
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You may not see it but im sure your family or friends do. i've lost 10 pounds and need to lose another 70 or more so I have quite a ways before I will see a difference. But keep up the good work and congrats!!
  • hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The only way I was able to see my weight loss was by taking the "before" picture and putting it next to a current picture. That was the first time I was able to see any difference. I've been taking my measurements and my clothing sizes have gone down considerably so logically I know I'm smaller but it was hard to see without the picture comparison for me.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your joints and heart are noticing it! :) Great job on the weight lost so far.
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    Congrats on your 62 lb loss! Great job!

I am one of those people who can't see loss. (I'm sure it's some sort of disorder that could use attention lol.) I can only visually tell based on how my clothes fit. For example, when something I could barely zip is too big to stay up, I notice :) I cannot eyeball clothing and have any idea if it will fit though and that sucks.

I found that I only took a solid clothing size range leap every -30 lbs. By range I mean 3x to 2x to 1x to XL, etc.

Hang in there, pat yourself on the back, and keep doing what you are doing. Even if you cannot see it and the tape measure seems to be moving slowly, trust me it's going somewhere.
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 62 lb loss! Great job!

I am one of those people who can't see loss. (I'm sure it's some sort of disorder that could use attention lol.) I can only visually tell based on how my clothes fit. For example, when something I could barely zip is too big to stay up, I notice :) I cannot eyeball clothing and have any idea if it will fit though and that sucks.

I found that I only took a solid clothing size range leap every -30 lbs. By range I mean 3x to 2x to 1x to XL, etc.

Hang in there, pat yourself on the back, and keep doing what you are doing. Even if you cannot see it and the tape measure seems to be moving slowly, trust me it's going somewhere.

I have a bad habit of telling myself my clothing just stretched out XD
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Others and myself have just really started to notice. The only real giveaway I had was my original belt became too big and I had to start making notches. I bought another belt where it fit me on the largest notch and I started moving down that one as well. Then I tried on a shirt that shrank and became tight, now it is loose.