anybody like to hula hoop?

Options
Hey I'm Brooke. I'm new to MFP and I just wanted to see if there's anyone else who likes to hula hoop. About 2 years ago I started making my own out of poly irrigation tubing and electrical tape. I enjoyed hooping so much that I started a hula hoop club at my college in upstate ny!

It's really easy and fun and once you start acquiring tricks you can't stop and all of the sudden you're a sweaty mess an hour later! check out this website for how to make your own.

http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html

oh! and you can make about 8 hoops for just $30!

peace and ease,
BaH

Replies

• hagness
    hagness Posts: 5
    Options
    I loooove to hula hoop....but I think I am hip challenged....I can't seem to keep it goin......any tips?
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do the hooping on the Wii, gets to be too dangerous otherwise with little kids walking around and getting bonked in the head. Great for the core!
  • jinxdflame
    Options
    I do it on the wii but cant actually hula hoop in real life! Just cant get the rhythm right to keep the damn thing up!
  • brookie678
    Options
    haha it's easy once you get it I promise. also when you're making your own you can choose how heavy it is and how big. the bigger the hoop the easier it is to keep around your waist because the rotation is slower :)
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Funny you should post this! I havent in YEARS but was just watching some kids the other day thinking " I want to do that"!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It's easy with an adult size hoop, I have 2 made of tubing as well. so much fun, and if you get into some of the trick you can work your arms too!
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I can hula with a real hoop but when it comes to the Wii, I can't do it to save my life. LOL
    Have you ever used a weighted hoop? Now, that's a challenge! I did it once, but my back was killing me the next day.
    I work at an elementary school as a P.E. assistant and sometimes I get out the hoops for the kids and start going. The kids are in awe when they watch me. I guess they figure that adults can't do it. We have hula hoop contests to see who can keep it up the longest...and I usually win. LOL
  • ppennington
    Options
    My daughter is a hula hooper and swears by it for exercise. And she is as thin as she can be. She even does some kind of fire hula hooping. I've not seen pictures......kinda afraid to....she is my baby.
  • brookie678
    Options
    yeah, I reluctantly tried fire hooping once but I don't think I'll do it again. Too afraid I'll singe my hair off lol. I've always looked on in awe at the people who can do it though that's awesome.
  • OutwardSix
    Options
    I feel a bit stupidly boyish for this, but you had me curious at fire hooping. I just found a video.

It left me open mouthed and ridiculously impressed. Ring of fire takes on a whole new meaning.
  • adriancal
    Options
    I love to hula hoop! I actually purchased a weighted Hula hoop from my local curves and it weighs about 4 pounds but it sure does help you lose inches! Once you get a hang of it it's pretty easy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!