I feel like I've ruined everything :( PLEASE HELP!!

Options
Guys, I've just about made it to the 23 pound mark eating clean for about 3 months now, every once in a while I give myself a cheat meal, and it works out great & keeps me from temptations. But TODAY I had a cheat DAY. All I had was some Special K and a banana for breakfast with green tea, lunch I had a burger and fries, an then I had a ice cream cookie sandwich. 25 pounds ago I could've eaten this no problem. But I feel so sick I feel like I'm going to puke. I don't really think I binged because I didn't go nuts like some people but I don't know what to do I feel so disgusting right now I'm incredibly bloated and I feel like I ruined everything, I'm scared to weigh myself this week!! Any advice?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's okay to not weigh yourself this week if you don't want to. Just know that if your weight is up it's most likely to be water retention from going off plan. It will disappear in a little time. Get back to your plan, drink plenty of water, and learn from today's mistake.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Guys, I've just about made it to the 23 pound mark eating clean for about 3 months now, every once in a while I give myself a cheat meal, and it works out great & keeps me from temptations. But TODAY I had a cheat DAY. All I had was some Special K and a banana for breakfast with green tea, lunch I had a burger and fries, an then I had a ice cream cookie sandwich. 25 pounds ago I could've eaten this no problem. But I feel so sick I feel like I'm going to puke. I don't really think I binged because I didn't go nuts like some people but I don't know what to do I feel so disgusting right now I'm incredibly bloated and I feel like I ruined everything, I'm scared to weigh myself this week!! Any advice?

Advice?
    With the limited info provided....try to relax.....one day is not going to undo 3 months of work
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Advice?
    With the limited info provided....try to relax.....one day is not going to undo 3 months of work

*This* Think of it this way. If the old you (or anyone of us) who used to eat that type of stuff to excess everyday had one day of clean eating, it wouldn't make a difference. Same thing here. Stand up, brush yourself off and concentrate on tomorrow.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    It's taken me a few times to learn from this.......going from eating very healthy and then eating a bunch of sugar filled foods..ie donuts. I wouldn't worry about weight gain from what you ate, if anything it'd be some water weight. You didn't "ruin" everything, you had some of what you call cheat foods. Everyone is different, some can eat that stuff and feel fine, some can't. I always end up feeling like I have a food hangover so I don't do it anymore except for the occasional ice cream or dark chocolate. Drink water as you can, I know that might be hard feeling bloated, but it'll help and go on with your plan, don't let this de-rail you............it's one day of many, many days is all.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and carry on.

You're doing a great job, and if you keep it in perspective you will be just fine....honest.

Remember, your scale only gives you a point in time picture of where you're at, and not necessarily the most accurate one. On any day, you can weigh yourself when you get up, and then immediately after you shower and you'll see a weight fluctuation of several pounds. Did you body composition change in that time period...other than absorbing some water? No, it didn't.

A scale tells you that you are X lbs at the time you step on it. It doesn't tell you X lbs of what. You could have lost some fat, but be holding fluid making it looked like you had a really bad week. You might have lost a little fat, but gained a little muscle, so the scale doesn't look like it moved because when muscle tissue is being built, you will retain fluid while the tissue repairs it self.

Use the scale as A tool, not THE tool. Also, be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. You're human. It's okay to be human. The energy you expend dwelling on this could be spent planning how you're going to go forward from here. The only way to get to the top of a hill is just keep going forward.

You can do it. Tomorrow is another day. :smile:
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    relax .. one day isn't going to undo all your hard work .. take a deep breath, skip the weigh in if you want, and go back to clean eating .. you're feeling sick because you've been doing so well and your body isn't used to the junk food anymore .. take a deep breath, relax, and remember that tomorrow is a new day ^_^
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    you should be able to eat that and still come in under, not sure what the issue is. Remember you have to be able to eat this way for the rest of your life, if one cheeseburger and ice cream send you over the edge I suggest you talk to a therapist.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    It's simple - tomorrow is a new day. Wake up in the morning & just go back to what you were doing, don't try to make up for anything. You didn't ruin anything, you didn't initially put all the weight on in 1 day, you haven't lost the weight you've lost in 1 day & 1 day of going off plan will not make a bit of difference in the long term. Within a couple of days any weight gain (if there even is any) will be gone, it will have been from sodium retaining water. You haven't eaten enough to pack pounds on. Don't stress yourself, just go back to what you've been doping - obviously it's been working......
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Advice?

^^^^ This. One day ISN'T going to ruin everything! Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My advice is you'll be fine :P
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. Get back on it and give yourself a couple of days before you step on the scale :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    you should be able to eat that and still come in under, not sure what the issue is. Remember you have to be able to eat this way for the rest of your life, if one cheeseburger and ice cream send you over the edge I suggest you talk to a therapist.
    This.....
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Take a deep breath and relax. It's one day. Just log your intake, figure out where and if changes are needed, and move on.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This.....

I don't think she needs a therapist per se. I feel pretty hurl right now too, but I just think I need an antacid. Couldn't that be it?
  • Samiamy2k
    Samiamy2k Posts: 50
    Options
    You wake up tomorrow morning and you act like it never happened, except to steel your resolve to remain on track. You can do nothing about yesterday, tomorrow isn't here yet- take care of today.
    Samiamy2k
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat sugary or greasy food for a long time, it can definitely make you sick. I've been there, gotten a migraine from 2 donuts after months of no junk food, and even puked after I ate some KFC because of the grease. But you won't die. Just drink water and go back to your plan.
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This happened to me after i had a cheat meal. I did puke. I drank extra water and felt fine the next day.
  • Coraddy
    Coraddy Posts: 26
    Options
    I did that a while back.It was awful and I really did get sick.I ended up vomiting.But you live and learn,right?I would suggest just not weighing yourself for a couple of weeks,then heck.G'luck!
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Well, if you have been eating clean for three months, i wouldn't be surprised if you feel bloated since burgers and fries usually have a lot of sodium - I usually feel bloated or heavy-stomached when I eat burgers and especially fries (throw in a glass of wine and that is just an uncomfortable feeling. :laugh: ). Also, even if you went over your calories/macros today, it certainly didn't ruin your three months, I PROMISE. I think, with time, you'll come to realize this. I know I had to and it took me a little while before I felt more comfortable with splurging when I started eating cleaner - and it never ruined my progress. :)

Feeling disgusting, however, isn't a good way to feel about the situation. We all indulge from time to time and it by no means makes us disgusting. :flowerforyou: So don't worry, you got this!
  • chondatech
    Options
    calm down and get relax,it's just one day last,after this while,you will find better and keep on the previouse plan to get you goal,good luck for you