To all my 5'2"s

Options

Replies

• kelleynbrown
    kelleynbrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you ladies, but I'm trying to burn mostly (jiggly) fat right now. I've only lost about 6-8lbs (depending on the time/day), but I can tell a HUGE difference in my body composition.

I've been doing lots of weights, but I need more cardio. Anyone love any particular workout? I get bored with running and the elliptical. Maybe swimming??
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" (that half is important) was always around the 130-140 mark until about 2 years ago when i was at my heaviest (aside from my preganancy) at 173. I'm down to 115-120 now. Trying to just burn off the last layer of fat that won't seem to let go for anything.
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for new friends and I log in daily :smile:
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2" and looks like most of us fighting a relatively small weight, which seems to me is much harder to lose. I am new to this and start logging my food and exercise for the first time 2 weeks ago. I don't see any progress in my weight unless I limit myself in calories, which is what this site suggest not to do. I am 58 kg now, would like to be 50kg, but will be happy even if I can drop to 52. Days when I go under 1200 cal, the site suggest I will be 52 kg in 5 weeks. If I log 1200 plus amount I burned during exercising, then the progress is 0.5lb in 5 weeks. Is this how it suppose to work, that slow? Is the trick to eat 1200 or more but under your goal day calories amount? Thanks for help!
  • becca53088
    becca53088 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 5'2" and currently weigh around 129. I started at 244.4 lbs. Would love to get down to 115 or so but more interested in adding lean muscle and less concerned with #s at this point. Feel free to add me--I love having new MFP friends!
  • nicolafrench18
    Options
    Hey there, I am 5"2 ish - 5"3 ish! starting weight (and current weight) is 65 kg (143 pounds) with my goal being 58 kg (127). My UGW is around 120 pounds.

I'm trying to lower my BF% as I am quite muscly already from Horse Riding. Feel free to add me :)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you ladies, but I'm trying to burn mostly (jiggly) fat right now. I've only lost about 6-8lbs (depending on the time/day), but I can tell a HUGE difference in my body composition.

I've been doing lots of weights, but I need more cardio. Anyone love any particular workout? I get bored with running and the elliptical. Maybe swimming??

I'm 5'2" and hovering around 128-130 (eating at maintenance for the most part 2000-2200 cal) and still have to wear a belt for my size 4 pants. Cardio I try to do interval type activities like kettle bell moves and complexes that get the heart rate up, the body moving, but not get set too long on a steady state. If I do steady state it is running, but I only do 2 miles a week so I can't get too bored.
    Hi, I am 5'2" and looks like most of us fighting a relatively small weight, which seems to me is much harder to lose. I am new to this and start logging my food and exercise for the first time 2 weeks ago. I don't see any progress in my weight unless I limit myself in calories, which is what this site suggest not to do. I am 58 kg now, would like to be 50kg, but will be happy even if I can drop to 52. Days when I go under 1200 cal, the site suggest I will be 52 kg in 5 weeks. If I log 1200 plus amount I burned during exercising, then the progress is 0.5lb in 5 weeks. Is this how it suppose to work, that slow? Is the trick to eat 1200 or more but under your goal day calories amount? Thanks for help!

Slow and steady will get you there. Probably with less overall frustration. I lost 28 lbs over 9 months and changed my habits for the better. At some point I made the changes mentally to say, I'm doing this to feel good rather than just to lose weight. I would ALWAYS back slide after getting to goal because the changes were temporary, just to lose weight. This time I've pretty much maintained and have been in the same size of pants for over 6 months now. Pretty good for me. And don't listen to the what you would weigh in 5 weeks thing. Way too many factors go into weight loss for a computer be able to tell you that based on one day of eating.
  • Finlow
    Finlow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' exactly! My heaviest was just a few weeks ago at 129lbs. I lost two and am now 127lbs. I changed jobs and we had a rough Wisconsin winter so I gained 10 pounds over the winter. I would like to get back between 118 -120. That seemed to be my healthiest weight. before kids I weighed a lot loss but never exercised. I was skinny fat ( skinny but high % of body fat) I found weighing a little more with a lower fat % to be much healthier for me. Feel free to add me I would love more MFP friends!
  • lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello hello :) 5'2 here!! Got up to 142, currently 137. I use to be 110 before i got married and sssslllllloooowwly gained the weight!! :) I would love "active and motivating" friends thanks!
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Another shortie here 5'2 -5'3 was 131lbs this time last year gained loads over the last year due to new job n relationship am now 159 looking to get down to around 117 anyone can add me i would love people the same height n with similar goals to me we can help eachother out!!
  • urbliss777
    urbliss777 Posts: 48
    Options
    Add me (Women only please) I am 5ft 2 and 109lbs currently. Highest was 120. and my goal is to be back at 100-105 (what I was before my metabolism slowed down a ton). I also am just wanting to be super lean.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'2.5". Highest weight was 275+ in 1998 (stopped weighing so may have been higher). From 2009-2010 lost 98 lbs to a low of 121. Size 26 to size 4 - yay! My goal was 120. Had surgery in 2010 and have been unable to exercise as I had been and have been yo-yoing for the last couple of years alternating eating and fasting. Not a lifestyle I can maintain. Started Dukan Diet last month at 174 with a renewed goal of 120. I have lost 22 lbs so far. My goal is to feel better and fit in all the clothes I bought in 2010.
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!
    I'm 5'2 and 145 lbs looking to be about 115-120.. Not sure yet!
  • caffeinekandie
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My highest I was 195, my lowest 98, though for a few years I was a consistent 120 and a size two, though I was skinny fat. This time I started at 152 and want to be back in the 120s, and fit in my size 2-4s again, but the exact number I don't care about.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What what!?

Hi there lil shorty. I'm a shorty too and your goal is totally doable. Welcome to MFP the tool for winners and smarties and hope you have fun on here and figure out the tools the site offers to make it fun and useful for you. Here's to size 4:drinker: my goal size too, although not as soon as summer, more likely winter.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm actually in between 5'1" and 5'2" :) I was 130 in high school and when I graduated I thought I could keep eating whatever I want which didn't work out too well. I'm now 160 (started at 175) trying to get back to 130
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 120ish, trying to maintain. I wear a size 0-2. Just wondering where everyone buys clothes(and bras) when they get below 120 and size 0? Maybe I'm just heavy for my size? I don't consider myself a super tiny person, though I am fit, good muscle mass, low/normal bf.
  • Karlynn1993
    Karlynn1993 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5''2 and a half and am 20 years old. I log everyday even if I know I am way over or had crap food for the day.
    I started at 155 pounds a few weeks ago on MFP and have been logging for 50 days straight now.
    I am now down to 147-145.5 on a typical day.

Feel free to add me, but please send me a message or I will decline.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2" and CW 142! GW 115-120.

Highest was 160 about 4 years ago *and* 8 years ago. 8 years ago I dropped it down to 119, 4 years ago I think I only got to around 130 and decided it was fine. I got back up toward 152 and totally knew I needed to do something about it. I'm only a few months into working on this hardcore on MFP for the first time with community and trying to record my exercise more exactly along with eating.

I'm still figuring out what calorie numbers I should be eating regularly, because that whole thing with MFP/BMI/TDEE is all different and there are so many conflicting opinions. I'm totally up for being added by people though!
  • legendaryskunk
    Options
    Yay for being fun sized! Im 5" 2', 20years old and I started at 200, lost 40 lbs and now im attempting to shed my last 35. I hope to meet some great people who share the same support needs: ie, any, lol.
  • hladams8110
    hladams8110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" 200 ish pounds now want to get down to around 120 but I've never been that small post puberty so we'll see. So far, I'm loving all the support MFP has to offer