Hello I'm new here! I have a few questions to people...

Options
Hello. I've been mislead by people who think they're "bulk" to some workouts that I figured are wrong. It gives me slow results. I'm not really skinny, though. I'm 5'8 and 162 pounds. I have pretty big arms for working out from time to time. So, can anyone give me a program that could help me build muscle fast? Not lean, I want to bulk up. And what's the ideal weight for my height if I bulk up?

Those are my questions for now. I really can't afford going to gym at the moment because of the activities I do. I'm asking for a HOME GYM workout program to bulk up. Thank You! Blessings!

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of P90X? I have done 3 rounds of it. That's the beauty of the program, you do it at home, get better results than the gym and for much less! Plus, you can do it multiple times, like I did. That combined with the right diet and protein/carb/fat ratio should do the trick!

Here's a video link about it: http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/ddavies?bctid=25219321001

And right now, if you purchase from my site, you'll get 2 bonus DVD's! Let me know if you have any questions.

Deb
  • airellayi
    Options
    Yeah I did. Do those actually work? I mean bulking up? Some people told me it will only give you lean muscles?
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    P90X is not and is not intended to be a "bulking" program. It even says that in the book that comes with it. For bulking you need a good hypertrophy program and lots of calories (especially protein).

Do a search for Bill Starr's 5x5 program. You might also check out the forums at BodyBuilding.com. They can recommend all kinds of programs that will help you bulk. I also recommend a book called The New Rules of LIfting by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove. You'll learn a lot from reading it, but it also has some good hypertrophy programs in it.

I will say that it's going to be hard to develop significant "bulk" at home unless you happen to have a lot of heavy equipment there.
  • airellayi
    Options
    Yeah. I heard about that book. I do have heavy equipment here at home. complete set of plates, some dumbbells (I'm on it. the heaviest I have are a pair of 30s) an adjustable bench (incline, press), a lat machine (switching the handle and standing can help out the triceps too, I'm sure) and I'm looking to buy those pull-up bars that you can attach on your walls. Is that good or am I missing anything? Thanks!