100 days of logging and a third of the way there!

Options
chlsyrhd
chlsyrhd Posts: 20 Member
I am 5'7, 23 years old and my highest weight was last summer at 313 pounds. I truly began to work hard and lose weight in November of last year. Two weeks ago I joined a gym. Today, I have officially lost 41 pounds!

International travel and sustainable development are my passions in life. I've traveled to Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana and Honduras studying and volunteering and while, every trip I have done has been amazing, they have also been negatively affected by my weight. I have plenty of stories if anyone wants to hear them. I'm just so excited and motivated to reach my goal weight and be able to truly and completely enjoy traveling without worrying about plane seats or perpetuating stereotypes about fat Americans or stairs and hiking.

And I want to thank you all for being so active on these boards. I have been lurking on these boards for a while now. All of the advice and support everyone gives in wonderful. (I should really post my appreciation more often. It's time to start, I suppose!)

147ed54d-8107-4bd6-a718-bef021eaf9d6.jpg

May2013273.jpg

Replies

• lesgiam
    lesgiam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I am at the beginning of m weight loss journey but love hearing stories such as yours to motivate me. Keep up the great work.
  • chlsyrhd
    Options
    Congrats to you! I am at the beginning of m weight loss journey but love hearing stories such as yours to motivate me. Keep up the great work.

Thank you! Good luck on your journey! I'm sure you're going to do amazing! :)
  • chlsyrhd
    Options
    shamelessly bumping my own post.
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    way to go! you're looking great! :)
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job! You'll enjoy your exciting life more and probably longer as your fitness improves!
  • oohashbee
    oohashbee Posts: 21
    Options
    You look great!! I love travelling too and one of my main motivators is NOT being the stereotypical "fat American" who takes up two plane seats!
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Take one day at a time. If you think about your final goal you will be overwhelmed. I broke my goal down in three part because to think of the total weight loss, blew my mind.
  • chlsyrhd
    Options
    Good for you. Take one day at a time. If you think about your final goal you will be overwhelmed. I broke my goal down in three part because to think of the total weight loss, blew my mind.

Thanks for the advice. I had this really large and complicated excel sheet that I was trying to use to calculate weight loss rates and deadlines. It got way out of hand and slightly obsessive. Right now, I'm just focusing on smaller goals in the gym and staying within my calorie goals. As long as I see a downward trend on the scale, I'm happy. I can't give myself a deadline because it won't be over after I reach my goal weight.
  • chlsyrhd
    Options
    You look great!! I love travelling too and one of my main motivators is NOT being the stereotypical "fat American" who takes up two plane seats!

Thanks! The two seat thing is an absolute fear of mine. I mean, I've never actually been in that situation, but there's always that thought while boarding a plane.
  • annieconverse
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations for all your work and for your health improvement so far! Your story keeps the rest of us motivated!
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great effort brings great rewards. To be honest, minimal effort still keeps me motivated and on track as long as I stay within the limits. One day at a time is enough work as it is.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That is such a big difference - you look happy and full of life :smile: - love how you're in some new beautiful place in each of these photos, it seems :smile:.
  • jmcoyuela
    jmcoyuela Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look like you're doing an amazing job. I too know what it's like to travel abroad and have my weight negatively affect my experience. I'm glad you're on this new path.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You have made excellent progress!
  • jennsmithers
    Options
    Congratulations! I have similar stats to you and success stories such as yours keep me motivated. I travel lots (not internationally) but my boyfriend lives in another city so flying is a must to see him. My worst nightmare came about 1.5 years ago when I could not buckle my seat-belt. I knew I had gained "a few" pounds but I was mortified. I just remember praying the flight would be a smooth one because I flew without a belt. I am flying back to see my family in 9 weeks, and while I will probably still require an extra belt (which I purchased my own) I cannot wait until I am comfortable in the seat and not feeling like I'm encroaching on the person seated next to me - and not needing that extra belt of course.

Keep up the great work and I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You're looking great. The changes in your face are awesome. :flowerforyou:

Love those hot air balloons in your photos. I love hot air balloons (although I'd never go up in one, lol)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    way to go! You look great!!
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look so wonderful! I love the photo of you on the beach ????
  • uortian
    uortian Posts: 28
    Options
    As everyone has mentioned, you are a success and motivator! I am also starting my little journey to losing weight and getting healthier and am a bit terrified of "falling off the wagon." But in reading stories like yours, I will remind myself that I can hit my goals! Again, good job!
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the weight loss but you are also really starting to to show that healthy, happy glow too. Like you are just bursting with energy now. Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!