Just cant do it :(

Options
So I lasted 2 days on the body trim detox I just couldn't do it the headaches and feeling ill (granted my sons been ill so I could have caught his bug) either way I am disappointed with myself... But having a sandwhich did make me feel better and I hardly eat carbs in general!!

Do you think I could still have success with the weight loss stage? Or should I start again 3 day detox when I feel better?

700gms down for the two days so happy with that.

what do you think? Start again or start with weight loss lyfestyle change?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think you should toss this whole idea of "detox" into the garbage can and eat a moderate deficit coupled with doing some exercise and lose weight safely.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I think you should toss this whole idea of "detox" into the garbage can and eat a moderate deficit coupled with doing some exercise and lose weight safely.

^^ Agreed x1000! You don't need the detox, unless your organs are really messed up and your doctor recommended it. Just eat healthy, in proportion, and add some exercise.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Bingo. Do this. Detoxes are pointless and accomplish nothing.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Detox is useless. Skip it entirely.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    the 700g is probably water weight.

if the detox is making you feel that bad, its cause its not good for you.

Detoxes are BS, thats why you have kidneys and a liver.

yah toss the detox for sure. id say it would be unlikely anyone on here will tell you anything other than that. detoxes are not good, and do nothing for you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Adding to the yep votes.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

This. Skip making yourself feel like crap with nonsense garbage and just eat better and move more.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

THIS... YUP... THIS. Most sources totally debunk the detox craze; the body tends to detox itself naturally... assuming your liver function is good. Just eat a little less and do a little more. 500 calorie net deficit will yield a 1 lb loss per week... Don't worry about any cleanses and detox...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The detox is the problem. Why would you do that to yourself?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has pointed out, ditch the "detox." Weight loss doesn't have to be miserable. In fact, it shouldn't be at all! Just use MFP to eat at a reasonable calorie goal, and exercise if you can/want to. That's all you need!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options

agreed, again
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm sorry that weird detox didn't work for you. They never do. I live in LA land of the detox's but they don't really last or work or aren't tolerable. I'm not surprised you feel yukky.

Luckily, you don't have to try it again to have success. This website is filled to the max with people who brought their weight down and WAY DOWN 100lbs or more with just cutting back on cals. Some even workout. It's really just a numbers game and it's easy because you don't have to feel hungry or get headaches and stuff and it still works. And you don't have to be sick when your kid is sick and wonder why. That must suck, I'm sorry you're going through that. When he's better and you've had more sandwiches and feel better go on here and do your numbers with MFP and get started just eating regular foods and counting your calories.

Then research using the "search button" the different ways people here do it. There are lots of ways and it won't be long before often repeated words jump out at you and you know what words to search for. Take it slow. Eat nicely. Feel happy. Feel energized. Feel strong. And you'll have regular everyday weight loss success. :flowerforyou:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Another vote to ditch the detox. Honestly your body is a marvel that doesn't require the drinking of lemon/cayenne/sage/cinnamon/shakes/etc to "cleanse".
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

^^ Agreed x1000! You don't need the detox, unless your organs are really messed up and your doctor recommended it. Just eat healthy, in proportion, and add some exercise.

^^^this^^ defintely agree with the others.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    ... unless your doctor recommended it.

The only "detox" that real doctors recommend, refer to drugs or alcohol. Occasionally, GI docs, etc may recommend eliminating foods or fasting to allow the bowels time to heal and/or clear, but "cleanses & detoxs" are the realm of money making schemes and witchery....
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If your liver and kidney can't detoxify your system without help, the only effective method is dialysis.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Some of the people may sound a little harsh as they tell you to stop trying to work the detox, but they do have your best interests in mind. A true detox is a very radical step, and if used improperly can do more harm than good. I support the idea of a balanced, sensible weight loss plan w/ lots of fresh vegetables and good, real foods. There are many people here who will help you, why not give it a try.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I assume you are planning to follow the body trim diet, which is basically a version of a low glycemic index diet, only with a more extreme emphasis put on the protein and meal frequency.

Except for the three day detox, this doesn't look all that bad, as it includes healthy carbs, but it is still looks pretty boring. I would rather read up on "glycemic index" and learn about the benefits of eating foods which still contain their natural fiber (unpolished grain and rice, vegetables rather than fruit, the whole fruit rather than drinking juice). This will stabilise your bloodsugar, and make it easier to avoid junk food and sudden uncontrollable cravings. Combining this with upping your protein is a very good thing, as protein helps you feel full and makes it easier to make healthy food choices.

If you still want to follow the Bodytrim diet, you are perfectly ok without the "detox". What the no-carb period is supposed to do is force your body to take more advantage of proteins and fat, and break the craving for sugar. This will however happen - if perhaps a little slower - if you just go straight to step two.

Good luck!
  • Jaine86
    Jaine86 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    You made me feel much better I think Ill skip detoxing and just eat healthy and exercise.
    LOST 30kg in my teens so I know I can do it again.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If you need another friend you can add me because I'm fun sized too :laugh: