What to do while you have an injury

bzign
bzign Posts: 41 Member
I have hurt my foot so can't walk on it meaning no kickboxing class for me :-(
Any suggestions for things I can do until I am back on my feet so to speak?

Replies

• I hurt my leg so I sympathize, while you may be unable to do high impact there are lots of things you can do. leg lifts, girl push ups, lifting weights upper body, crunches, while these are lighter impact you can make them higher intensity and raise your endurance too
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Swim
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I had a severe ankle sprain back in January, and I did kickboxing (the punching routines) and Zumba sitting down. I know it sounds goofy, but if you do all the upper body work, you can still get your heart rate up. And I'd still move my feet and legs around, it just took the pressure off.

ETA: I also kept up with my strength training. I did my normal upper body, and for my lower body I used ankle weights and did floor work. It wasn't the same as body weight lower body, but it was still something!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Hit the weight room and do upper body strength training
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Hit the weight room and do upper body strength training

^^^^ THIS
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    I tore my achilees tendon and I had to only do upper body exercises for a LONG time. I lifted weights. I had to slowly add stuff back. A stationary bike was the first thing doctor let me do. Then I got to do some swimming. Be careful, and I hope it heals fast for you! I was in the boot for 19 weeks and months before it hurt to do anything, then after coming out of the boot months before she would let me do much. Best of luck!!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Pilates or sitting upper body strength training. That's all I can think of. Last time I sprained my ankle, I tried swimming only to realize that you actually use you ankles to kick. Painful realization. Once it starts to heal, you may be able to use a bike or elliptical, just feel it out.