question about water

Options
I know its a sily question but the water consumption in your food diary is that purely water drunk or is it drinks e.g squash(sugar free), tea etc

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    This has been asked many times before, and the consensus seems to be that we all disagree. :laugh:

I personally don't bother logging water. I do, however, log any other drinks that I would have because they tend to have calories. I don't count those drinks as water, though. If I were to count water, it would just be plain ol' water. But, that's just me and I'm sure there are many other people out there who do it differently.

All in all, it doesn't even really matter. Just make sure to log all your calories, whether food or liquid, and keep hydrated however you see fit.
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    I log mine because I am rubbish at drinking water and am hoping that logging it will improve that!

I only count water or squash as water. The squash calories I log in my food intake, same with tea and coffee, even though I drink my coffee black I don't log it as water.

As Lyadia says this is something that we can't all agree on!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you, personally, are trying to track. If you're wanting to keep track of how you're hydrating yourself, then anything that hydrates you could count (tea, soup, sorbet, etc.). If you specifically want to keep track of pure water, then only log water.

Personally, I don't log it. I drink a lot of tea as well as water, and my water intake varies wildly depending on things like heat and exercise. I just don't find it useful for me to track. If I was going to log it, I'd probably log drinks like tea, milk and squash (they're almost all water anyway!).
  • KhaoticSoul
    Options
    I log my water but only water, as I dont really drink anything else. I do drink coffee but dont log that anywhere as its basically calorie free (and im down to one maybe two cups if I remeber to drink it lol). I have a 750ml bottle with me constantly of water and say thats roughly 3 glasses, so aim to drink at least three of those a day, more if its a workout day or the weather is scorching. The only drink I do log in my diary is my hot chocolates which is an occasional treat when its cold or Im feeling in need of a comfort snack
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I log it only to make me drink as much as possible..the jurys out on whether it aids weight loss but it certainly helps my skin so its a good habit to get into :)
  • ani40
    ani40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice it certainly interesting to get different peoples views.
    I dont feel so guilty at not tracking water now!