First world problem with IF

Options
I just started 5:2 intermittent fasting, and I really just want my flatmate to go out so I can not eat in peace! she fusses like a mother hen, and I really can't be bothered explaining IF to her because she won't understand it (or want to) - I get enough attitude from her because I've cut out a lot of junk and she seems to think you should be eat everything you want and lose weight. she's meant to be going to a meeting, but she's talking about not going and I really want her to go so if she asks I can just tell her I ate while she was out and avoid the whole conversation.

Replies

• nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey chick - I have been doing IF 5:2 for a week, today was the start of my second week. I have got a bit of crap from some people (friends), but there are people who support me too. She is only your flatmate and I would tell her to butt out, in a nice way. You can always resort to the "I had something earlier"... or whatnot if things get tricky. It's not really a big deal - you ARE eating, just not alot for instance on 2 days a week. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Goodluck.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me!
    I should say that as well as being my flatmate she's also my bestie, and though i love her to bits she thinks that means she has extra powers to tell me what to do :)
    she ended up going to her meeting so for today the battle is won.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ps. I know we're friends on this site Nix, so please don't post about this on my wall. she's also on this site but never reads the forums :)
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah of course - no worries mate :) I understand!! :) Hope you have a good day planned -
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That's not a first world problem, that's an "I need to get an apartment of my own so people don't stick their noses in my bidniss" problem.

You could, of course, give her some stuff to read and refuse to discuss the issue further until she does. But she sounds like someone who doesn't have enough to do. Perhaps you can get her to volunteer at a local soup kitchen or shelter for battered women so she can go worry about people who might actually need her help.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Why would you even entertain her sticking her nose in your business. First of all, you shouldn't have to tip-toe around anyone in your own house. Tell her you ate and if she keeps bothering you, just tell her to mind her own business.

And if she's that hard to live with, start looking for another flatmate. Life's too short for that type of nonsense!