Just starting....

Hello everyone. My name is Greg. I was recently admitted to the hospital due to possible heart attack. Turns out, it wasn't but I did find out I have other issues...high blood pressure, cholosterol, sleep apnia and STRESS!! This was my wakeup call!. My goal is to lose 30-40 lbs, de-stress myself and start eating healthier. I turned 50 last year and realized I actually have a bucket list!

That being said, is there anyone interested in teaming up for motivational support in the New Jersey area, heck, any area for that matter as I have a little trouble doing this on my own.

Thanks for reading my post and best of luck to reaching your goals.

Replies

• Add me!!!!
    lets support each other!!
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Hi Greg,

My name is Glenn. I live in England but always able to provide help and support.

The 1st and most important thing to do is to address what you are eating and see what you can reduce and replace with a healthier alternative.

Log your food for a couple of days on here. i found it helped so much. to literally see what you are eating can be a wake up call.

Once you have started to tinker with your lifestyle change add some light exercise to begin with. a walk round the block or to the shop and back every day rather than driving. maybe even a push bike to increase the heart rate and exercise level slightly.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and add me if you like

You Can Do This.

Best of luck on your journey :-)
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Hi Greg, I am in the UK, a bit further than you wanted...but please feel free to add me :smile:
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome aboard!! Feel free to add me for support. Sometimes seeing those #'s are a scarey reality.this site is great if you work it & has great people on it. To new beginnings!!:smile:
  • All, thanks for the support. I'm not a big social media person but the support on here is phenominal! Don't be offended if I haven't added you as a friend yet....I'll get there!!