Meal planning

MsElphaba
MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
This may be old news to some of you, but it helps me plan my day's meals so I thought I would share it.

If I know what I am going to have for dinner, I go ahead and put that in my food diary in the morning. That way, I know what I have left for lunch and don't go over. For example, I am making grilled chicken and veggie tortellini for dinner. I plugged the recipe in and found that one serving has 507 calories. Now I know how to plan accordingly for lunch, maybe just a light salad with some tuna and a light snack, and those 507 calories will fit right in to a dinner that I will enjoy with my boys tonight.

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    That is a great way of thinking. I put everything into the food diary in the am as well, that way I know I don't go overboard. Good for you!! :happy:
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Thats a really great idea! I'm going to have to do that!!! :-)
  • dbmom
    dbmom Posts: 16
    Hmmm...Good idea....starting backwards

I started MFP 2 days ago...1200 cal is what I should be eating...I eat very healthy ...and have been 1400 each day.

Any suggestions?
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Without seeing your food diary, its hard to say, but watch your portions. You can have too much of a good thing :wink:
This discussion has been closed.