30 day Shred question

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
I am planning on doing the 30 day shred starting tomorrow and was wondering about people that have seen results, do you guys do more exercise than that? I know I should diet and eat healthy of course, but should I also do other exercise besides that to see results? I hear it only burns about 200-500 calories a session but people say they will lose 5-10 pounds a month with the 30DS and eating healthy. I also hear its pretty intense and you need to let your body rest.

Replies

• mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few threads in the Successes board - this one is worth a good read..... with a few hundred replies. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345347-i-want-everyone-s-30-day-shred-results-pics-please
  • Tinx_87
    Tinx_87 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS today. My plan is to do the workout in the afternoons, along with a 30min power-walk/jog on the treadmill in the mornings. The walk is about 140-150 cals....but i have no idea how many are burnt during the 30DS. Also - i'm not planning on having any rest days...but i'll see how things go. I'll work hard, but keep it smart - no point over-doing it and injuring yourself, it'll only put you out for more days. Good luck!! :)
  • MrsMosoph
    MrsMosoph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS for some time now. I only do it 4 times a week tho I feel you muscles needs plenty of rest so inbetween I go for long walks. When adding it to your exercise on MFP put it as circuit training. For my weight I burn 343 calories per session.
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS a few weeks ago and I'm planning to start it over again soon. I lost more inches than pounds, but everyone's different. I alternated between 30DS, bootcamp classes, and walking. I started out just doing 30DS 6 days/week but I needed a change, so I incorporated the others.
    Enjoy! :smile:
  • hello130s
    hello130s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 today. I have done the Shred in the past and combined it with Turbo Jam (never finished it). From what I did, I lost inches and lbs. I think to get maximum results, it should be combined with a cardio workout (and of course the healthy eating that you mentioned). This time around, I am alternating between Jillian's Cardio KickBox and her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism along with the 30DS. Good luck to everyone. Jillian rocks!!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When I did Jillian's workouts I would lose weight, too, but I'm a bigger person. I mostly read that people lost inches. Sometimes I would do more cardio, sometimes I would not. If your muscles are sore, I would not add any more types of weight training to it. Should be fine with cardio, though. =P

I like how you start out going "crap, I can't keep up" to "omg! I can keep up with it!" After the 30 days. Sometimes it takes longer, but it's still a nice feeling =P
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you, do you excercise currently? If not I recommend just doing the shred 5-6 days a week and some walking/ other light excercise if you feel you can do more.

I finished a few months ago and it took me about 40 days to finish it, I found I needed regular rests otherwise I was too tired and my form was bad. I think I burnt about 180 cals per workout (but I'm 4"11) and that was fine for me. I definitely noticed that I looked more toned, but I didn't see any real results on the scale or measuring, though my diet could have been a bit better (which is key imo) Personally, I just used it as an introduction to exercise, to get a little stronger and a little fitter before I decided to get a gym membership.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't expect too much of it (it is only a 25 min DVD) focus on diet and form when doing it and you will see results.