high protein ideas?

Options
jpalocy77
jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
Anyone give me some other high protein ideas besides the obvious? eggs, tuna, cottage cheese, shakes..chicken..fish..i get all that..just kinda gettin burnt out.. and afraid i might get burnt out! lol

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and cheese? Lol. Beans too, I need a protein bar of some sort most days to get there, to get a break from greek yogurt.
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes
    Anyone give me some other high protein ideas besides the obvious? eggs, tuna, cottage cheese, shakes..chicken..fish..i get all that..just kinda gettin burnt out.. and afraid i might get burnt out! lol
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Lean turkey.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know you already mentioned chicken, but chicken can be prepared in plenty of different ways. Slow cooked stew, fried, baked, all taste a little different.

Ground turkey burgers have been a recent fulfilling food of mine.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    pork loin, hamburger, steak..... look at the calories, its really not a huge difference... fatty stuff is things like hot dogs and sausages or meat with skin and deep fried meats... milk is good too but it can add up if you put chocolate syrup in it like i do.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I easliy get enough protein, through protein shakes. They are an easy was to add a much needed protein in diet, they dont take much preparing and can be used as a between meal snacks.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Chicken gizzards.
  • redwolf6
    redwolf6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars - 20g of protein per bar. I like the apple pie, cookie dough, and cinnamon roll. You can get them at GNC.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am not on a high protein diet but I like beef jerky as a snack (actually got some soaking in the fridge right now) if you don't like the salt content or additives of packaged jerky homemade is the way to go.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, of course nuts which also contain good fats!! In moderation ...my favorite snack is Greek yogurt slivered almonds with cinnamon sprinkeled on top, some research shows cinnamon and many other spices have qualities that enhance metabolism :) I also found some REALLLY yummy protein bars at ALDIS four bucks a box...I'm still partial to them as sugar is higher than I'd like it but , when you need a quick fix meal on the run , it is better than skipping :)
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always say it... PEAS! Dried peas (well, the ones I buy) have 23 g of protein per 100 g, plus 17 g of fiber, of which almost nobody eats enough. Go for it, you can't go wrong.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have an Eggbeaters omelet just about every day for breakfast and I "spice" it up a bit here and there - ham and cheese, bacon and sausage, ham and green pepper. Then I often have a shake as a mid-afternoon snack, and then steak or chicken of some sort for dinner. When I need a protein snack in the evening (if I have enough calories left over!) I'll have an ounce of peanuts or a hardboiled egg, or maybe a turkey jerky stick of some sort?
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    I LOVE MAKING HOMEMADE JERKY :) any good recipes to share ?? Better for you recipes !! I made beef jerky a lot with my father growing up but that was in the old lifestyle marinating in soy and other extremely salty stuff
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    I always say it... PEAS! Dried peas (well, the ones I buy) have 23 g of protein per 100 g, plus 17 g of fiber, of which almost nobody eats enough. Go for it, you can't go wrong.

Do wasabi peas fit in here lol...love them things but have been hands off here lately !! I'm two weeks into my lifestyle change so I'm still learning :)
  • faymonique
    Options
    Edamame (soybeans). And nuts - Taste of Nature nut bars are great. Small snack packages of almonds.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make a egg white omelet just about everyday as well..i get burnt out..a cup of egg whites..spinach, and a flax thin round with avocado...and a slice of 2% Swiss cheese..it gets old...i love it..but it does it get old.. trying to change it up with some greek yogurt mixed with bob mills muesli...also i work at a store and we sell protein plus bars..they are 20 g of protein a bar and pretty darn tasty..so i buy one of those (i used to eat two candy bars a day!) and that definitely curbs my sweet craving that i get there sometimes.

i am trying tuna different ways..in a salad..i have tried it dipping apples in it..people at work think i'm crazy..lol..its actually pretty darn good.. i think i'll make some quinoa with avocados and black beans and bring that..i just get bored of the same ol same ol and i dont want tobe discouraged! Thanks for the tips ya'all! :)
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MAKING HOMEMADE JERKY :) any good recipes to share ?? Better for you recipes !! I made beef jerky a lot with my father growing up but that was in the old lifestyle marinating in soy and other extremely salty stuff

I don't have any great recipe yet but I am trying different things right now my recipe is beef rump roast trimmed of fat sliced and put in to teriyaki marinade a little honey from a local hive, some onion powder, a little soy sauce and a dash of kosher salt
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I make a egg white omelet just about everyday as well..a cup of egg whites..spinach, and a flax thin round with avocado...and a slice of 2% Swiss cheese.... trying to change it up with some greek yogurt mixed with bob mills muesli...

i am trying tuna different ways..in a salad..i have tried it dipping apples in it..people at work think i'm crazy..lol..its actually pretty darn good.. i think i'll make some quinoa with avocados and black beans and bring that..

Everything listed sounds so yummy!

I also make a similar egg concoction, but I use spinach, kale, asiago and fresh eggs from my chickens :)
    Hemp granola also makes a great addition to a Greek yogurt parfait
    And spicy tuna with some shredded sharp cheese in a lettuce leaf wrap is a tasty way to eat fish, too!
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just made the best protein shake
    Spinach, carrots, isopure powdered protein, almond milk, dannon light and fit yogurt blueberry and ice. 42 grams of protein for 309 and it really tastes so good.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Duck, deer, liver and other organ meats, quail, goat, etc... Branch out :)

Seriously I never get tired of cheese and switching up your meat kinds can be helpful. I tried halibut for the first time the other day. Mmmm.