August 2010 newbies

Options
Anyone who just started this month want to start a group? I just started yesterday and my goal is to loose approx. 30 to 35 pounds. I am hoping to loose between 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Replies

• d_stickman
    Options
    That is a great idea. I am interested.
  • LittleTwitty
    Options
    Me too!
  • lcp53
    lcp53 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I just started a couple of weeks ago and I would like to join group and have more accountabilty and community . I've lost 4 lbs. so far. I am having trouble keeping within the guidelines for protein. I seem to go over a lot. I am so used to eating more proteins through shakes for breakfast . Carbs leave me tired. Got any suggestions? :drinker:
  • mrscabbage
    mrscabbage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started this two weeks ago and also want to lose 30 pounds at a 1-2 pound aweek rate. I'd be interested in a group....
  • meethepoet
    Options
    I just started a couple of weeks ago too. I'd wouldn't mind joining the group.
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    I'd love to join - the more support, the better!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Me too. i joined a couple of days ago and would love to join a group
  • Shaylala
    Shaylala Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to join!
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    I orignally signed up a couple years ago and fell off the wagon before doing ANYTHING. This time I can in August 11th, 2010 and have as a friend on here told me "hit the road running". So, I consider myself to have joined or rejoined this month. I would love to be a part of this group if you'll have me? :wink:
  • Empowering2Thrive
    Empowering2Thrive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. Let's start by introducing ourselves and letting all know what changes are you making to reach your goals.

I am originally from Portugal but now live in WI. I am 42 years old, have two wonderful girls, work full time from home.

For breakfast I don't have too much as I am never hungry when I wake up, so I just have coffee. By 9ish I am starting to have an yogurt and fruit.
    Lunch times will be salads (today am having raita)
    Dinner times will be grilled or broiled meat or fish with veggies and very little rice or pasta.
    For snack I LOVE to eat fruit and string cheese.

Exercise: I am starting to walk everyday for about 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 after work. Also just started today the Billy Blanks routines.
  • amvoiles
    Options
    I just started this yesterday and i'm very interested and excited to see if this works. . so far I have been able to stick to my number of calories but I'm afraid of straying. . . I am hoping to lose 20-30 lbs! I can use all the support i can get!!