looking for support and ideas!

Options
So im sort of new here at MFP, im learning that its a great tool to use to stay focused and on track... Im a career firefighter and am finding that working 24 hour shifts can make it difficult somedays to eat right and also get a good workout in, depending on how busy the shift is.

Does anyone have any sugestions for me as far as workouts you do on shift or wih your shift? We typically ea as a shift as well. When its my turn to cook, its usually alot healthier than what the others make.

Feel free to Add me for Support and feedback would be awesome, thanks and be safe!

Replies

• volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Fire Engine 2 Diet? Look it up on Amazon... its a great book. In the past I would start working out and then start the trend of eating healthier. I think I have finally realized that I was doing it backwards. If I focus on eating healthier it seems to make me want to do more, be active, workout, go for a walk, get off the couch, etc. I just thought the book might be something you would be interested in.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    How do your coworkers feel about the plant strong Engine 2 Diet? Maybe you can get them to do the 28-Day Challenge with you!

Edit: Haha, volley beat me to it!
  • fireresq
    fireresq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of the Engine 2 diet, but ill check it out. The guys on my shift are somewhat supportive of changing our ways as far as meals and also starting to get into daily workouts most shifts.