Made it 15 days so far!

Options
Hello everyone,

I just joined the site, but actually started my diet / exercise program on 6/1/13. It's been a long 17 days so far but I am hanging in there and finally weighed myself Saturday night and realized I've lost almost 7lbs. I was so happy! I committed to not weighing myself but twice a month so I didn't let fluctuations discourage me this time around. I am going to see this through and get this 100lbs off for ever!

Replies

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Excellent job guy. That's what is so good about MFP. It is gradual change and as long as one keeps at it, progress is made. So glad to hear of your success. Keep posting so we can celebrate with you!
  • kawasakiguy
    Options
    Thanks!

I will for sure.
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm on day 15 too! We're headed in the right direction.
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good idea on the weighing. I can let the scale get me down too, but I keep reminding myself look at my body, not the number on the scale. The number on the scale isn't what our value is! But it's still tough since so much seems to revolve around that number. People immediately as "How much have you lost?" instead of 'have you noticed a difference?"

Good luck!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! They say that the first month is the hardest, then you set into a routine. Stay strong -- we can do this!
  • Szena
    Szena Posts: 11
    Options
    hi, started on 06-01 with MFP as well. feel free to add and good luck
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep up the good work!
  • davidheathking
    davidheathking Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great going folks, I started April 14th and down 25 lbs so far. Good luck to all!!!
  • cuttingshadow
    cuttingshadow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just joined the site, but actually started my diet / exercise program on 6/1/13. It's been a long 17 days so far but I am hanging in there and finally weighed myself Saturday night and realized I've lost almost 7lbs. I was so happy! I committed to not weighing myself but twice a month so I didn't let fluctuations discourage me this time around. I am going to see this through and get this 100lbs off for ever!

Awesome !... you are doing great ... I joined around same time 5/31 and so far able to loose 5 lbs - where my planned goal was to loose 1 lb per week. Your achievement motivates me to pursue more aggressively in setting my goals.. Thank you !... - CS